Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plan A,b,c What Will Airtrans Next Move Be?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DA Tranny will be aquired by WN. The 717's will be sold to Midwest and we get all the 737 + the 737 pilots (SWAPA will go to bat for 'em).

DA Tranny will be aquired by WN. The 717's will be sold to Midwest and we get all the 737 + the 737 pilots (SWAPA will go to bat for 'em).

SWAPA will give us a "bat" alright. A bat covered in sandpaper shoved up our arses.........

NAAAA...if DA Tranny was such a good deal, SWA would have bought 'em already, and thrown out what they didn't want. Now, the 717's to MEH, that's a thought, but if MEH had a place for 'em, they'd have kept the 25 options they had instead of tossing them in the trash.

hmmmm.....

NAAAA...if DA Tranny was such a good deal, SWA would have bought 'em already, and thrown out what they didn't want. Now, the 717's to MEH, that's a thought, but if MEH had a place for 'em, they'd have kept the 25 options they had instead of tossing them in the trash.

hmmmm.....

Where are all of those SkyWest RJs going to park?

I happen to believe there is alot of truth to that statement. SWA may even carry the note for Midwest with the knowledge that we can always take them back and resale them if we want. I think SWA will insist that the pilots go with the respective A/C. The 737 guys will go to SWA and the others will go to midwest.

The guys going to SWA will be stapled, but pay protected. Probably see something as soon as the UAIR/Delta offer is decided in early Feb. SWA would rather buy the shuttle from Delta than buy Airtran, but the bottom line is SWA is buying something in the next few weeks.

That's just rude.

I can't imagine a worse insult than being told just because I was on one piece of equipment I wasn't worthy to come to work for that airline (or being forced to go to work at one that isn't growing, that I never had any urge to work for, and where upgrade is just shy of a decade on quite possibly THE worst F/O payscale in the industry).

I wonder if there's anything in our fragmentation language at AAI to prevent that sort of piecemeal sale...?

That's just rude.

I can't imagine a worse insult than being told just because I was on one piece of equipment I wasn't worthy to come to work for that airline (or being forced to go to work at one that isn't growing, that I never had any urge to work for, and where upgrade is just shy of a decade on quite possibly THE worst F/O payscale in the industry).

I wonder if there's anything in our fragmentation language at AAI to prevent that sort of piecemeal sale...?

Ask a Delta pilot how it was done to PAN-AM.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back