• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Places to live CVG?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Kentucky side of the river is not all bad. Home prices are a little lower in most neighborhoods and the taxes are substantially lower. I like Alexandria. Cold Spring is nice too. A few guys swear that Indiana is the best deal though. It will come down to what your priorities are. We wanted a little larger lot and to be further from town, without being too far from the airport. As far as the "no traffic" guarantee that another person gave you, don't bet on it. One good accident here will shut down the interstate for hours. I prefer to have the option of not needing it to get to work.

Yeah, I'm in Florence right now and it's got everything I want (close to the airport, grocery store, mall, etc) excpet for a big night life. Damn cheap too.

It always blows me away how people on the Kentucky side believe the traffic is bad coming through the city from Ohio to the airport. It takes me 20 minutes...25 TOPS from front door to the employee lot. Not only that, Nothern Kentucky has NO character! They are all cookie cutter homes in Anytown, USA. I live in a great neighborhood in Ohio with a lot of restaurants, bars, galleries, and boutiques that I can walk to. It has a lot of character that is lacking in NKY. BUT, to each his own. Some people really don't like to be able to walk to places or live outside of a planned community/subdivision. Whether you are married or single, I would DEFINITELY recommend the Hyde Park area. Lots to do and lots of great people watching! Good luck with whatever you choose!

Last edited:
www.maplestreethomes.com

Orleans North subdivision.

Half way between Florence and Union on 42. I was able to afford a new home as a first year F/O -- in fact there were a lot of F/Os in that neighborhood.

Great family oriented place. Lots of kids, sidewalks, playgrounds, ponds... you name it. Resale value was phenominal. Bought the house in 02, sold it in 04 for about $15,000 more than I bought it for.

Highly recommend it!

Fort Mitchell and Fort Thomas (N kentucky) are both very nice places. Old, established homes, great schools. Kentucky is very affordable (compared to SoCal)! I'd suggest either an older home or a new, custom built one to your specs if you can. Have fun looking!

Try Ft.thomas, by far the best place in nourthern KY. PM me, if you are looking to rent. I just got based back in MCO, thank god, but of all the dumps in KYand OH , Ft Thomas is your best bet.

Latest resources

Back