Places to live CVG?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
superfreight208 said:
Where are good places to live in CVG, for a first year f/o (Comair)?? Not a crash pad, bringing wife down??
Hebron, Kentucky. Close to the airport via interstate, and you won't get caught up in the severe traffic crossing the bridge over the Ohio river getting to and from the airport in peak traffic hours. There are affordable apartments there, or if your wife has a job, and if you are in the market, there is some affordable housing to purchase or rent.

superfreight208 said:
Where are good places to live in CVG, for a first year f/o (Comair)?? Not a crash pad, bringing wife down??

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT live anywhere near that airport. If anyone tells you that living in Hebron, Florence, Burlington, Independence, or some other s***hole by the airport is close and affordable then just remember. You get what you pay for. I would suggest that you look all around Cincinnati, especially on the North side of the river to see what all your options are. The drive from the otherside of the river is not that bad, and you will be doing it a lot less than you think(mostly because they will be sending you out for six days at a time). Good luck with the search.

WateryGrave said:
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT live anywhere near that airport. If anyone tells you that living in Hebron, Florence, Burlington, Independence, or some other s***hole by the airport is close and affordable then just remember. You get what you pay for. I would suggest that you look all around Cincinnati, especially on the North side of the river to see what all your options are. The drive from the otherside of the river is not that bad, and you will be doing it a lot less than you think(mostly because they will be sending you out for six days at a time). Good luck with the search.

That may not be quite accurate......are you in class now?? If so, PM me and I will set you up with some nice and affordable places.

Waco

What the heck are you talking about. I live in Hebron KY and have a 2 story home that was built 2 years ago next to a farmers field. Great place to live and a great house. No low income stuff. What are you smoking? There is a lot of Comair pilots that have a house in Hebron. It is 5 minutes away from the parking lot, no traffic guaranteed.

N813CA said:
What the heck are you talking about. I live in Hebron KY and have a 2 story home that was built 2 years ago next to a farmers field. Great place to live and a great house. No low income stuff. What are you smoking? There is a lot of Comair pilots that have a house in Hebron. It is 5 minutes away from the parking lot, no traffic guaranteed.

Yeah, but those tractors are sure hard to get around on the road.

I had a house in Florence, KY and loved it. Like any other city, you may have to shop around to find a neighborhood that suits you, but I came from Southern California and thoroughly enjoyed Florence. Never saw a place I'd want to live on the Ohio side, but I'm sure there are some nice places up there, too.

When we were looking we found a lot of reasonable houses at:
http://www.northernkentuckyhomes.com/

p.s. Florence is a family-oriented place, I never saw much there in the way of night-life or anything like that.

Latest resources

Back