• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Place your bets boys and girls.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is old news by now. 30 E 175 's coming to Mesa. Half the company is working on certification process. ERJ simulator moving to PHX. Do the math.

Rene - just curious, do you have any source for your statement that Mesa has already won this bid? Or is it your own conclusion? I'm not trying to call you out... just wondered.

staffing

Doesn't matter where any planes go. If you can't staff them, they don't fly. That is real. Just ask anyone to look at how many pilots are entering classes and how many are leaving a company.

Doesn't matter where any planes go. If you can't staff them, they don't fly. That is real. Just ask anyone to look at how many pilots are entering classes and how many are leaving a company.

BINGO. Growth, as nice as it would be, could end up being a huge curse for anyone who gets all of these planes if they can't staff.

I wondered if this is one tiny part of the reason UAL wants to own the lease and have ultimate leverage over their operators. Having the ability to move these planes around may be a huge benefit to them. If they spread these 30 planes around and get a few carriers to set up with EMB programs, that may provide them with some backup plans and the ability to move the airplanes among carriers (similar to what Delta did with the 900s). I'd expect shorter-term agreements between UAL and the regional carriers on these planes.

My bet is most Regionals will gravitate towards the E175 platform. Now that the cost are more in line, and most "Major" partners want them... So let the games begin.. The E175 is the new 50 seater we are all getting "SJS" over....
So no need to fight ober them. They will be at Mesa,XJT,SKY,TSA, ect...

Last edited:
Sjs

I think SJS is fading. I think that has a strong affect when you have a fresh commercial rating or maybe you are at 400 hrs getting to put on a uniform and walk a terminal. I don't think that will work so much on someone who has done various things to get to 1500 hrs and has a ton of debt. It will come down to dollars. Supply and demand may just finally kick in in the next few years. Maybe the majors will just have to fly the e175 themselves. Either way it is gonna get interesting.

Two classic lines.....(blank) airline will never get those planes because they cant staff them. Second, SJS is fading. Nope, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want that sj, you NEED that sj.

They sent out the Boat Party invitation at Skywest to the United Vp's... Skywest is getting them...

Brian those planes will have 46 seats and your contract pays per seating

example 900s for Delta were paying 700 rates at JFK before

thank Andy and Don L from 2003

Its pretty much a moot point, only 2 of the new 900's are 76 seats. the other 7 are 90 seats. with our line guarantee if you have a line with all 78 or 90 seat planes your getting paid for the larger aircraft even if you get swapped into the 76 seat aircraft. and if you get a line with all 76 seat flying and get swapped into the 78 seat you get paid for the 78 seater hours flown. Our negotiators are working on getting away from the 50-76 seat scale and greater than 76 seat pay scale.

Latest resources

Back