• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Place your bets boys and girls.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well. Currently only two regional airlines in the USA fly the EMB-175. Only one currently flies them for United. Since United is financing these I'm certain there is an RFP out to fly them. So the questions to ask are: 1.) who could have a program in place, approved and pilots trained by first quarter next year and 2.) does this RFP involve the parking of smaller gauge rj's in exchange for the "privilege" (<-- tongue in cheek) of flying these larger gauge regional jets.

Find the answer to these questions, throw in some chicken bones, goat's blood and a sprinkling of Miss Cleo and you will have your answer as to who will be flying them.

My money is on two carriers...one currently flying them for United and one who currently doesn't have them on property but is a relatively stable company that needs to diversify their fleet and has an agreement in place for first right of refusal on "new"/replacement/larger gauge aircraft.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
UAL isn't going to give Republic more flying to compete with them ( frontier )

The 50 seaters are coming off contract no matter what.

My bet- whomever they feel will operate the a/c with the best performance, for the best possible price..

There going to Skywest\Expressjet in exchange for 50's

UAL isn't going to give Republic more flying to compete with them ( frontier ).

This doesn't even enter into the calculation. Frontier is an annoyance, not a serious contender. Recall that as part of their restructuring they have 1/3 less flights than just a year ago. Additionally, they most likely will be spun off shortly. There are two investment firms/capital groups in talks with them.

Disregard my last transmission...MORE E-170s for RAH:) **sarcasm** That place is a "clusterfoxtrot" and that isn't meant as an insult to the many fine crews there, but to the corporate entity.

Latest resources

Back