Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piper Aztek available for rent- just $170/hour DRY!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This isn't really safety pilot time. Even if you're already rated, this guy plans to tag along and you're BOTH going to be logging PIC. That's shady.
The FAA and the airlines have probably seen just about every clever idea out there for two or even three pilots all logging multi time simultaneously. I'd hate to be this guy explaining how he was "acting as instructor" the whole time he and a multi-rated stranger bounced around Florida for 100 hours.

I wonder if there's any arrangement between the CFI and the flight school here? Say $30 for every hour the CFI gets to log? Something like that wouldn't surprise me.

Any way you cut it, it sounds like Prostitution to me.

EagleRJ said:
I'd hate to be this guy explaining how he was "acting as instructor" the whole time he and a multi-rated stranger bounced around Florida for 100 hours.

How would an interviewer know to question this time? This guy logs instructor time using your scenario. 3 years later he interviews at an airline. Wouldn't these logbook entries look just like any other MEI who gave instruction?

KigAir said:
How would an interviewer know to question this time? This guy logs instructor time using your scenario. 3 years later he interviews at an airline. Wouldn't these logbook entries look just like any other MEI who gave instruction?

Well... 50 hours of DUAL for what? What was he training for? If you have 50 hours of dual given in your logbook with the same student (assuming you write the name in your logbook), and someone sees this at an interview, i'm sure he's going to ask questions.

What moron needs 50 hours of dual to get his MER or his MEI?

KigAir said:
If he was going under the MEI premise they might be a little suspicious why he gave one person (the dates will be very close together, if not consecutively, over 100 hours of dual instruction towards a rating! And if he did this more then once it'd raise even more eyebrows!

Just my thought...

EDIT: I thought I had posted this earlier this morning, but it didn't. Not trying to repeat Matt!

What is the point in using an Aztec for time building? A duchess or seminole is much cheaper to operate.

What moron needs 50 hours of dual to get his MER or his MEI?

if your doing your Multi-engine comemrcial or ppl as ani ntial and not add on , then 50 hours would be about right or even more.

Insurance companies are big abuot requireing an instructor to fly with you if your lowtime or have no time in type in a twin or highperformance aircraft, they will require an intructor to tag along for how many hours they deam fit.

Actually, they don't really sell the same..... They sell you 50 hours of "sole manipulator" and 50 of safety pilot. I hear many airlines don't count safety pilot time to your total time, so what you end up with is only 50 hours

This comment about airlines looking down on safety pilot time is crap, I know at least 10 people who went to Scari-Ben Aviator at KFPR, got their milti-time and got hired at a bunch of different regionals. It is flight time and i dont know of any place that says it wouldn't count.

Last edited:
wmuflyguy said:
if your doing your Multi-engine comemrcial or ppl as ani ntial and not add on , then 50 hours would be about right or even more.

Insurance companies are big abuot requireing an instructor to fly with you if your lowtime or have no time in type in a twin or highperformance aircraft, they will require an intructor to tag along for how many hours they deam fit.

This comment about airlines looking down on safety pilot time is crap, I know at least 10 people who went to Scari-Ben Aviator at KFPR, got their milti-time and got hired at a bunch of different regionals. It is flight time and i dont know of any place that says it wouldn't count.

An instructor flying along just because the insurance company requires it does not = to Dual given under FAA regs.

As for ariben - i didn't say all airlines didn't count safety pilot. As for where i got that info - right here on flightinfo. Do a search on it if you are interested.

As for ariben - i didn't say all airlines didn't count safety pilot. As for where i got that info - right here on flightinfo. Do a search on it if you are interested.

ah since everything here is true

Latest resources

Back