Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piper Aztek available for rent- just $170/hour DRY!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EagleRJ

Are we there yet?
Oh, and one other little detail... there will be a CFI quietly sitting next to you logging PIC! Don't have your multiengine yet? Not to worry- he'll get you your multi for FREE.

Link

Also_here

Yet another CFI flying for free. :rolleyes: Just rent him his plane, fly him around Florida, and let him get his multiengine time so he doesn't have to "instruct" anymore.

Pathetic.

21 gph, huh? At 50 hours and $4/gallon that's another $4,200. Woof. I also like the part about how "when you lose an engine the airplane will actually FLY on one engine!" I'm glad to know that the inevitable is included in the $8,500 purchase price.

I'm not sure he is giving "free" flight instruction. I think he owns the plane and makes his money off of 'renting' it out for $170/hr. So basically, his fee is already included in the price.

How's this different then what other time building outfits are doing, like ariben?

I think the only wierd thing about this is how he markets his plane.

for $170/hr DRY, it should include instruction. That ends up being about $250/hr after purchasing fuel

viper548 said:
for $170/hr DRY, it should include instruction. That ends up being about $250/hr after purchasing fuel
That's somewhere in the neighborhood of what our FBO charges per hour on an Aztec rental.

That seems a bit costly, $170 dry. Wonder what the hourly rate is wet?

Am I crazy or doesn't just about each multi instructor give their time at no cost (to another instructor building hours) in a multi? After all they can both log it. Both benefit. Both usually split the cost!

Got to give him credit for being creative.

Ari Ben will sell you 100 hours in a Duchess for half that....that's if you're going to take this route.

ceo_of_the_sofa said:
Ari Ben will sell you 100 hours in a Duchess for half that....that's if you're going to take this route.

Actually, they don't really sell the same..... They sell you 50 hours of "sole manipulator" and 50 of safety pilot. I hear many airlines don't count safety pilot time to your total time, so what you end up with is only 50 hours.

Latest resources

Back