Pinnacle's new toy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilot877 said:
The DC-9 is supposted to be the bread and butter of NWA, why would they retire airplanes that are paid for, unless the airframes are going to time out. What are they "supposedly" going to replace them with? RJ's?

And they were the "bread and butter" for NWA when they were paying rock bottom prices for fuel. Now that fuel is at record prices, it's much cheaper to park these aircraft then to keep flying them and suck fuel down at a 1960's-jet pace. Oh, wait, they are a 1960's jet. Maybe they will be replaced with RJs... Maybe not. And who will fly what??? Who knows....

In addition, by them parking these aircraft, management can justify the closure of selected maintenance bases due to lack of aircraft. A useful tactic while in heated negotiations with a steadfast mechanic's union.

Last edited:
uuuuhhhhhhh.......

I bet NWA is bankrupt before Delta...Plus, PCL doesn't have the cash to buy CMR...... and as much heat as their training dept is under(pcl) I don't think they will be buying anyone until they pay all the fines for fake type ratings and crappy training records.

Enjoy.

Waco

Wacopilot said:
I bet NWA is bankrupt before Delta...Plus, PCL doesn't have the cash to buy CMR...... and as much heat as their training dept is under(pcl) I don't think they will be buying anyone until they pay all the fines for fake type ratings and crappy training records.

Enjoy.

Waco
Sorry for the dumb question, but if Pinnacle is owned lock stock and barrel by NWA, how could they go out and just BUY another airline?

FN FAL said:
Sorry for the dumb question, but if Pinnacle is owned lock stock and barrel by NWA, how could they go out and just BUY another airline?

They aren't majority owned by NWA anymore. I think there was an IPO sometime ago dealing with 9E.

Pilot877 said:
In the unlikely event that they would merge, it wouldn't be a staple job like AA/TWA.

The AA/TWA deal was not a staple job. It may not be pretty on the TWA side but about 400-500 ex TWA pilots still have jobs.

Pilot877 said:
The standard is to merge one for one by date of hire.

Are you an ALPA pilot? Read the ALPA merger policy. It does not work like that.
DOH is not the standard.

410dude said:
You are GROSSLY misinformed about ALPA merger policy. It is no longer date of hire. It goes by career expectation and since Comair's expectations now are not good (owned by a soon to be bankrupt Delta) and ours is much greater, we should make out quite well in any "merger" with Comair.

I really want to comment but I won't... Though I will say this, DON'T GO TO 410, it's not that special... Really, I swear.

Pinnacle is now a public company. I think its PNCL on the market. As far a Pinnacle buying Comair, thats the funniest thing ive heard since hearing that Southwest was talking with us about becoming there feeder!

Fit59 said:
I really want to comment but I won't... Though I will say this, DON'T GO TO 410, it's not that special... Really, I swear.

He's just another troll.

Latest resources

Back