Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Napoleon TNT

Vote For Pedro!
Read on another board from a NWA person... (Also known as "NWA Dude" to you Pinnacle types)

nwaredtail said:
Parking 30 DC-9's between now and December...........

mechanics may strike............
F/A's may strike.................
Fuel may hit 70 per barrel.................
Pinnacle may buy ASA/Comair......................

Hehe!
How would the 10-20 year Comair folks like to be 'owned' by a 500 hour PNCL captain.

If they merge lists, who would get the upper hand?

All speculation... :)

This just has to be flamebait!

Full quote

nwaredtail said:
Parking 30 DC-9's between now and December. At 5 crews per plane, we are overstaffed by 300 or so, but crew resources said with retirements they would rather be overstaffed than re-furlough, but...........

mechanics may strike............

F/A's may strike.................

Fuel may hit 70 per barrel.................

Pinnacle may buy ASA/Comair......................

NWA will be in bankruptcy by April 2006 and then the contract will look similar to UAL's and AAA's. When that happens, expect another 1000 or so furloughs with the loss of duty rigs, capt. augmentation, capt. instuctors, bid schedule guarantee. NWA's trip to bankruptcy will be alot shorter than everyone else's/ Our big problem is the pension, we dump that we are good to go........NWA's money men have great connections and can get DIP financing and exit financing at the drop of a hat. Sucks for us.......

Living the dream and hating it.

No flame intended...

Just amused at the irony

what happens if?

when NWA does announce more furloughs, is it like American where those pilots were given jobs at Eagle? Basically what im asking is will NWA pilots be given jobs at Mesaba and pinnacle?

Chicagopilot22 said:
when NWA does announce more furloughs, is it like American where those pilots were given jobs at Eagle? Basically what im asking is will NWA pilots be given jobs at Mesaba and pinnacle?

NO, there is no flowback agreement at Pinnacle and I am pretty sure there isnt one at Mesaba either.

I've heard that they have been planning to park the DC-9s for a long time now. Its not anything new.

Chicagopilot22 said:

We don't have any sort of flowback agreement, but back in '02 we offered preferential interviews to any NWA furloughee that wanted it. I think we only got about 30-40 interested and most of them are still here as Captains now. I would guess that the same thing would be offered if NWA furloughed again, but nothing's certain.

Napoleon

Guys above me on any seniority list don't "own me." Gimme a break.

P.S. I did vote for Pedro.

That's gay

PCL captains can't have 500 hours. They wouldn't meet ATP requirements.

The DC-9 is supposted to be the bread and butter of NWA, why would they retire airplanes that are paid for, unless the airframes are going to time out. What are they "supposedly" going to replace them with? RJ's?

PCL, ASA, and CMR are all ALPA represented pilot groups. In the unlikely event that they would merge, it wouldn't be a staple job like AA/TWA. The standard is to merge one for one by date of hire. Maybe there would be a fence to protect both pilot groups that would keep them operating separately. In that case, it would probably be better for a lot of the PCL pilots, since they seem to be a relatively junior pilot group compared to CMR and ASA who have a lot of lifers.

All of the above are highly unlikely, in my opinion. But who would have guessed that ACA would shed UAL and start Independence?

NWA is retiring 30 DC-9's. Mesaba is recieving 15 CRJ's with dibs on the next 20 for a total of 35. Coincidence? I think not. The big advantage to NW is that they are shutting down the heavy maint. for the DC-9. Somewhere around 900 mechs are getting furloughed.

Pilot877 said:
PCL captains can't have 500 hours. They wouldn't meet ATP requirements.

The DC-9 is supposted to be the bread and butter of NWA, why would they retire airplanes that are paid for, unless the airframes are going to time out. What are they "supposedly" going to replace them with? RJ's?

PCL, ASA, and CMR are all ALPA represented pilot groups. In the unlikely event that they would merge, it wouldn't be a staple job like AA/TWA. The standard is to merge one for one by date of hire. Maybe there would be a fence to protect both pilot groups that would keep them operating separately. In that case, it would probably be better for a lot of the PCL pilots, since they seem to be a relatively junior pilot group compared to CMR and ASA who have a lot of lifers.

All of the above are highly unlikely, in my opinion. But who would have guessed that ACA would shed UAL and start Independence?

You are GROSSLY misinformed about ALPA merger policy. It is no longer date of hire. It goes by career expectation and since Comair's expectations now are not good (owned by a soon to be bankrupt Delta) and ours is much greater, we should make out quite well in any "merger" with Comair.

Latest resources

Back