Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
liv'n_on_credit said:
The latest vacancy that just came out yesterday had 34 FO's in it. 28 of them were in DTW.

So...hope is not all lost for people looking to come here.

I'm one of the new hire that was put in DTW. My first choice was MSP

MSP is pretty hard to get right now...That base has been shrinking for the pst years while DTW and MEM have grown

Special Message from Trenary

Last Friday I let you know that Northwest had formally notified us that negotiations on our contract would begin this week, and that an agreement with our pilots would be a pre-requisite to any agreement. I had hoped that we would be unable to meet with the negotiating committee this week; however, we were informed today that the committee would not be available to meet until September 7th.

We have been asking the negotiating committee to respond to our last proposal since May 25th. As soon as we have this response we will either accept their proposal or respond with our best and final proposal for their consideration. To further delay the process until September 7th places all of our jobs at risk.

Today we filed for mediation with the National Mediation Board (NMB) with respect to the ALPA negotiations. This means that a professional mediator will be assigned to our Pilot negotiations with a stated mission to get the parties to agree to a new contract. This process has no time limit, but we will urge the NMB to give us expedited handling. If we do not reach an agreement and the NMB determines that an impasse exists, it will proffer arbitration to the parties. Thirty days after the proffer is refused by one of the parties, our Airline would be free to implement its last contract proposal, and the union is free to resort to self-help. It is our sincere desire that we reach an agreement with our Pilot's Negotiating Committee. We are hopeful that the NMB can help us achieve this result.

This is the first time in my career that I have had to seek the NMB's assistance in a contract negotiation. While we are reluctant to invoke the services of the NMB, we felt that ALPA's unreasonable conduct at the table and the urgency of getting the Pilot contract promptly, in order to get Northwest business, left us no choice.

I will keep you advised of further developments. Please stay focused and take care of each other.

Ths is just a good way to blame the pilots for the flying that we are going o lose any way. If the Moron in charge wants a quick resolution to the contract so that we can ge the Northwest flying, going to the NMB is the wrong way to do it. It is a forever process, this guy needs a lesson in basic labor and contract relations, I think the Bozo knows that we are going to lose flying and this is a way that he can put the blame squarely on the pilot group. Lets look at what happened to everyone else in the same situation, sign a consessionary contract to prevent the loss of flying or get more flying and the planes all go away anyway. This is already a done deal, we have heard this music before and know the steps to that dance. If I lose my job here I lose a job that pays about 24K a year, with lousy medical, barely there dental and a joke for a 401K that performs like crap. Yes I lose my job because of bankrupcy I can sleep at night very soundly knowing that the 37,000 some ddd shares of stock that the bozo owns will be worth zero, so I have taken money out of his pocket for a change, and knowing the whole while he could have signed a fair contract to prevent that money from turning to zero. Sure he can get it back later down the road, but it still makes me feel good knowing he is the one that jacked it up trying to be too greedy. So let the beating comence, maybe the company being shut the F down is just the motivation that I need to move on and get a better job away from flying, if the fight is comming I say bring it, enough is enough you cannot take from those who have nothing to take.

Stand Strong, Fly Safe, Fly the Contract

OMG

Good luck Pinnacle crews!!! Don't believe the management lies! This is 2006 for chrissakes, there IS enough money to pay employees a decent wage. And remember also, it's not a matter of either XJ or 9E taking a fall for the other, we are BOTH in this battle together. Stand strong (and I'm not fearing for my job over yours...I already lost mine!)

SEVEN said:
Just for the record. No one knows who's getting NW's 70-seaters. The truth is, Pinnacle can't even staff the 120 or so 50/44 seaters they currently have. If they do get 70 seaters, they won't be with Northwest. And NW will not allow Pinnacle to fly for another carrier. So it looks like for now, Pinnacle will be operating their current fleet until NW starts parking the inefficient 50 seaters and operating 70 seaters on those routes.
YPF- Right or Wrong.

Tool.

Grinder10 said:
Last Friday I let you know that Northwest had formally notified us that negotiations on our contract would begin this week, and that an agreement with our pilots would be a pre-requisite to any agreement. I had hoped that we would be unable to meet with the negotiating committee this week; however, we were informed today that the committee would not be available to meet until September 7th.

We have been asking the negotiating committee to respond to our last proposal since May 25th. As soon as we have this response we will either accept their proposal or respond with our best and final proposal for their consideration. To further delay the process until September 7th places all of our jobs at risk.

Today we filed for mediation with the National Mediation Board (NMB) with respect to the ALPA negotiations. This means that a professional mediator will be assigned to our Pilot negotiations with a stated mission to get the parties to agree to a new contract. This process has no time limit, but we will urge the NMB to give us expedited handling. If we do not reach an agreement and the NMB determines that an impasse exists, it will proffer arbitration to the parties. Thirty days after the proffer is refused by one of the parties, our Airline would be free to implement its last contract proposal, and the union is free to resort to self-help. It is our sincere desire that we reach an agreement with our Pilot's Negotiating Committee. We are hopeful that the NMB can help us achieve this result.

This is the first time in my career that I have had to seek the NMB's assistance in a contract negotiation. While we are reluctant to invoke the services of the NMB, we felt that ALPA's unreasonable conduct at the table and the urgency of getting the Pilot contract promptly, in order to get Northwest business, left us no choice.

I will keep you advised of further developments. Please stay focused and take care of each other.

Just my opinion, but I think you should keep memos like this off sites like this. We have a company alpa website to talk about this stuff on.

Why? it is not private information. People interested in coming here have a right to know what is going on. Quit drinking the Koolaide, besides that is not alpa information, that is company BS.

OK, delete GRINDERS post, and then read this one...same info...

Pinnacle to Negotiate Flying With NWa
Wednesday August 23, 5:50 pm ET Pinnacle Airlines Says It Will Negotiate Flying With NWA

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Northwest Airlines Corp. feeder carrier Pinnacle Airlines Corp. said on Wednesday that the two airlines will negotiate a new flying agreement once it makes a deal with its pilots.
Northwest had put its regional flying out for bids, and several carriers have pursued the business, including current regional carriers Pinnacle and Mesaba Aviation Inc. Both companies fly only for Northwest, under the Northwest Airlink name.
In a Securities and Exchange Commission filing on Wednesday, Memphis, Tenn.-based Pinnacle said Northwest agreed to negotiate a new flying agreement once Pinnacle settles a new contract with pilots.
Pinnacle said it asked federal mediators to step into its talks with pilots on Tuesday, but said it didn't know when the process would wrap up.
Pinnacle spokesman Phil Reed said he didn't know whether Northwest planned to negotiate with other regional carriers as well.
Northwest filed for bankruptcy protection in September, and Mesaba followed about a month later. Pinnacle, which operates 124 regional jets, has avoided Chapter 11.
Northwest spokesman Kurt Ebenhoch said the proposed talks with Pinnacle are "part of the proposal review process. We are continuing to evaluate proposals from a number of regional aircraft operators. No decision has been made."

Last edited:
Let me help you out:

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.asp?Feed=AP&Date=20060823&ID=5967317&Symbol=US:pNCL

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Northwest Airlines Corp. feeder carrier Pinnacle Airlines Corp. said on Wednesday that the two airlines will negotiate a new flying agreement once it makes a deal with its pilots.
Northwest had put its regional flying out for bids, and several carriers have pursued the business, including current regional carriers Pinnacle and Mesaba Aviation Inc. Both companies fly only for Northwest, under the Northwest Airlink name.

In a Securities and Exchange Commission filing on Wednesday, Memphis, Tenn.-based Pinnacle said Northwest agreed to negotiate a new flying agreement once Pinnacle settles a new contract with pilots.
Pinnacle said it asked federal mediators to step into its talks with pilots on Tuesday, but said it didn't know when the process would wrap up.
Pinnacle spokesman Phil Reed said he didn't know whether Northwest planned to negotiate with other regional carriers as well.
Northwest filed for bankruptcy protection in September, and Mesaba followed about a month later. Pinnacle, which operates 124 regional jets, has avoided Chapter 11.
Northwest spokesman Kurt Ebenhoch said the proposed talks with Pinnacle are "part of the proposal review process. We are continuing to evaluate proposals from a number of regional aircraft operators. No decision has been made."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back