Pinnacle written test help!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TxPilot0878 said:
the ambient temperature factor that affects the electrical load on a thermal rectifier will have what output on an RNAV approach...LOW???HIGH???

Answer choices:

A. Low
B. High
C. "Simply the Best!"
D. None of the above

:D

Last edited:

Nope, you have it wrong. They are Rectum Thermal-fiers. These need to be operative for a Precision RNAV/ILS back course approach. Without them, you revert to using the Q routes while spinning on your eyebrows and spitting wooden nickels.

Ok, now I got it.

E. "Never Compromise Savings"

--apologies to Aaron Rose (is he still there?)

still kicking around... he is looking to bolt soon though, I would be surprised if he makes it to the turn of the year...

here is the lowdown on the test...

during my brief stint I was given the opportunity to revamp the process. The old process sucked and was basically unfair. We had made up questions on the written test, the interview questions were geared for guy flying jets for the last 5 years and honestly most of the touchy feely questions were all negative. We also bounced out a lot of good pilots on a bad written test.

Also, some of the program schools had the test, so everyone passed and everyone got the same questions wrong (bad gouge). It was scary to say the least of the people that got by because of it. We changed up the format of the questions for the JET U types and their management complained because they "trained their students on the old format"

the "new" process was designed with the current audience in mind. That is the 800-3000 pilot, CFI, 135, 91 and some 121 guys. Pilots who had little to no jet time and in some cases barely 100 ME time and more than likely no hard IMC time.

that is the reality of the market for potential candidates.. SO... now they have upped the ante to seek the "preferred" group of candidates. this group is former Eagle and Comair FO's that have been sitting in the right seat for years and looking for the quick upgrade.

Pinnacle does a good job of weeding out some candidates, but has taken it too far again. They want well qualified people, but are not willing to pay for it. That is why classes go 1/2 filled and they have to call 400 people to get 30 to interview.

The test has a lot of RNAV stuff on it these days, but the core of the test is right out of the ATP, CPL and IRA written tests.

Brooke walked into class the other day and actually asked for the phone numbers of any guys who had friends that were looking for the job. Apparently they are running through a series of tests....and trying them outl....right now there is no standard.
I was in the same interview class as SkyGuy40 and the reason we all passed is after the Line Captains reviewed the test...they all agreed to pass everyone as the average test score was 57%. Best of luck if the test is as ridiculous as ours was then....you get your chance during the interview!

Best of Luck.....They are obviously hurting for qual. guys.

Tex

the guy who wrote the tests on the new round is a really good guy. The overall leader of the program though is into "risk analysis" and wants metrics on everything.
The PIT members have some latitude, my guess is they don't want to look bad by sending home a bunch of applicants before 11am.
I am hoping someone forgot to lock up the test and that is why they had to throw out the ones that were working. If it is something else... good luck to those taking the test because one thing Pinnacle has is guys out to prove a point at the expense of another pilots career. Ask anyone who has been through a PC more than a few times...

Latest resources

Back