• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone know what the minimums are for the upgrade bids at Pinnacle? I heard 3500 TT yada yada which I greatly exceed, but I also heard someone say 500 in type (CRJ), which I don't have (mine is 160 as I transitioned from the DoJet). Just wondering if this 500 in type thing is a hard minimum.

If you have 3500TT you don't need any in type.. You could have 3500 hours in a seminole and you can bid for the left seat.

If I am not mistaken one needs 2000 multi and 1000 turbine in addition to the 3500 TT. These are all reducible by a maximum of 500 each, 1 for 1 with each hr flown at 9E.

Thanks guys. So they are not somehow imposing a 500 in type barrier on 'street captains' as opposed to the above-mentioned hard minimums? A few of my buddies said they heard the 500 in type mentioned, but by the sounds of it this is BS?

Cheers- skyaddict

Space Cowboy and Flagshipper are on the money.. I forgot to mention the 1000 turbine.

There is no "hard" 500 in type.

Personally.. with the latest vacancy of 6 for upgrade, the only bet is a secondary vacancy and that itself should go to a line pilot and not a new hire.

I just got a call for a interview.....what is the latest on upgrade? I have 1480 in type with a rating.....I am looking to move back to Mem.

The final on Vacancy 05-02 was due out on Monday... it's Friday now and no final vacancy in sight.

Until that comes out, there's no telling. It could be a dozen more Captains, could be none.

Best chances IMHO on getting a CA line now? Very slim odds - too many guys in ahead of you either just finishing class or already started who have the time and not many deliveries left.

Good luck!

I was just in the CEC a few minutes ago and 05-02 final is posted. I was in Sept 27 new hire class. I have upgraded, & recently I was #1 alternate for MEM CA, but it is looking less and less likely now. I didn't write down the numbers, but I am getting further and further away.

Yesterday I was FS, while I did not see a final, I did see a bunch upgrades in various aspects of oral, sim, type rides for the next couple of days. If I had to guess, I would estimate about a dozen and they were all in the 1050+ range of seniority. There are about another dozen who are not new hires in the system as well.

Again, another guess.. the upgrade train may be at a halt for a bit. When it starts back up there should be plenty of in-house candidates.

Latest resources

Back