• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The latest was a class basically pi$$ed off TM. The same class almost got sent home. They were telling US how to do things (sim and ground instructors and a "few" checkairmen that don't take criticsm well;))

Similar to our own professional instructors a while back that use to quote "that is not how we did it at CMR/ASA or whomever"

The only other thing I heard was TM and company were seriously considering stopping Indy Air interviews. I guess they really had to pi$$ him off.

It's not that hard to p*ss off TM; just don't do your job or have a bad attitude.

I heard something about a class that had "issues" but nothing specific. Didn't we say something a few weeks ago about leaving the "At XYZ airline, we did it THIS way," at the door? :rolleyes:

Although other airlines may have better procedures, THIS airline doesn't like to listen to change unless it's MANAGEMENT that comes up with the idea. Hell, our training and testing committee is meeting with the company next week for the first time in YEARS... that alone should tell you something about how much our company listens to CURRENT employees, much less trainees, even if the ideas are good.

Cooperate to Graduate, people. It's that simple. It would really suck to leave a job prior to getting furloughed, not have unemployment benefits, AND get fired from Pinnacle during training. Not great for the resume, so suck it up.

dondk said:
The latest was a class basically pi$$ed off TM. The same class almost got sent home. They were telling US how to do things (sim and ground instructors and a "few" checkairmen that don't take criticsm well;))

Similar to our own professional instructors a while back that use to quote "that is not how we did it at CMR/ASA or whomever"

The only other thing I heard was TM and company were seriously considering stopping Indy Air interviews. I guess they really had to pi$$ him off.

While I generally consider it poor form to criticize your instructor when starting a new job our training department is left wanting in even general knowledge about this airplane let alone how to fly it.

Our HR department reports that many of the Indy Air guys are quitting class because captain opportunities are not materializing as they were promised. PCL has nothing left to "sell" new hires. No pay in training, no employment benefits until your checkride, and a long trip in the right seat at substandard pay and benefits. We will be dredging the bottom of the barrel from here out.

DoinTime said:
PCL has nothing left to "sell" new hires. No pay in training, no employment benefits until your checkride, and a long trip in the right seat at substandard pay and benefits. We will be dredging the bottom of the barrel from here out.
Truer words have seldom been heard on this board.

The only people I see us hiring for some time to come are either GIA grads, flight instructors with the bare minimums of multi time to get in the door, and furloughed pilots from other airlines who weren't off probation and really don't have enough time to do anything else.

Wait a second, that sounds like the late 90's... ;)

Planning told me that a IND and maybe TYS crew bases make sense but NWA will not commit to the flying past 6 months. They think the potential cost of displacements is greater than the hotel costs.

I was hired at the end of the 90s and you are somewhat right. The people we are going to attract are either going to be GIA, flight instructors, and people who want to live in or around our domiciles. We did get a couple of second career people as well. Things will be stagnant here for a while and our FO pay is pitiful.

I am in the above mentioned class. Please don't blanket all of the Indy Air guys as having bad attitudes. There are at least 4 of them in my class that are busting their A$$ to learn how things are done here at PCL. If you have any questions about what went on please PM me. I will be more than happy to tell you what happened.

Last edited:
The info on the crew bases is old news (I've heard some variation on this for months). NWA likes flexibility with these particular RJs and could redeploy them on a whim. If ATA or Midwest were to fail who knows what NWA would do.

mhermann596 said:
I am in the above mentioned class. Please don't blanket all of the Indy Air guys as having bad attitudes. There are at least 4 of them in my class that are busting their A$$ to learn how things are done here at PCL. If you have any questions about what went on please PM me. I will be more than happy to tell you what happened.

Actually, ALL of the pilots (CA/FO/Indy/GIA/GA/Corp/CFI/etc) in that class are very determined and motivated. No one is looking for a free ride and professionalism runs high. The pass rate on the orals is an indication.

The social and cultural dynamics are multi faceted and complex. In addition sub groups have formed as pilots find their social comfort zones. (and discomfort with others) This isn't very different from any other class or unusual.

In the end, it's all good. We're all equal, all professional and all repsectable.

Latest resources

Back