• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle to sell Colgan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Westjet wants a tprop operation. They are deciding between the q and the atr at the moment. They have made it known they want the prop operation up and running in 2013

I've heard from some management types that Republic is the closest of three suitors to signing a deal for the Q400s.

I'd be surprised. Bedford has said for a long time that he wants to be all jet and does not believe in the future of turboprops. Things can always change, but I'd be surprised if RP goes for turboprops. They are in the process of getting rid of all the Lynx aircraft.

At least one Q is already sitting in Victorville for storage and another is either there or enroute. These are the two airplanes that were parked the Friday night before the Ch. 11 announcement. These two airplanes are owned by a bank that PNCL Corp sold them to raise some quick cash a couple of years ago.

WestJet selects Bombardier Q400 for new regional airline

Westjet wants a tprop operation. They are deciding between the q and the atr at the moment. They have made it known they want the prop operation up and running in 2013

Looks like WestJet made their move...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/westjet-selects-bombardier-q400-regional-110000732.html

Article says up to 45 new aircraft & absolutely nothing about any used ships going to WJ. Calgary ain't such a bad place to work if you have a Q type. The next hiring boom has arrived...in Canada aye....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back