• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle to bring 50's to the ATL mix.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When all ASA basically has is an ATL hub (Until IAD for United, which comes at the expense of losing ((loosing)) 6 airplanes) it does blow when someone else comes in and flies routes we have been doing for years. Why does it suck? Because that just means less flying for ASA, as you do not see us picking up routes out of SLC, DTW or MEM. We seem to be chained to ATL and a little CVG flying. So, our furloughed pilots, downgraded Captains and former lineholders can attest, to us this just means less flying. Whn our lines keep getting fewer and fewer and fewer it does suck to hear that someone else is replacing our routes. I get that it is Deltas flying and all that.....but we have to wonder why they keep replacing us in ATL? It is also funny how when we were in sec 6 negotiations we were constantly told the reason we could never get new flying was we were negotiating, they didn't know are future costs, blah blah blah. We even lost airframes and orders. It's funny how another airline in the same kind of negotiations seems to be able to keep picking things up, even after they voted down a TA. Curious.
The same thing could have been said about ASA in the mid 90's when they were a PFT outfit undercutting eveyone else. Now those same oldtimers whine anytime someone comes into ATL. Grow up.

When all ASA basically has is an ATL hub (Until IAD for United, which comes at the expense of losing ((loosing)) 6 airplanes) it does blow when someone else comes in and flies routes we have been doing for years. Why does it suck? Because that just means less flying for ASA, as you do not see us picking up routes out of SLC, DTW or MEM. We seem to be chained to ATL and a little CVG flying. So, our furloughed pilots, downgraded Captains and former lineholders can attest, to us this just means less flying. Whn our lines keep getting fewer and fewer and fewer it does suck to hear that someone else is replacing our routes. I get that it is Deltas flying and all that.....but we have to wonder why they keep replacing us in ATL? It is also funny how when we were in sec 6 negotiations we were constantly told the reason we could never get new flying was we were negotiating, they didn't know are future costs, blah blah blah. We even lost airframes and orders. It's funny how another airline in the same kind of negotiations seems to be able to keep picking things up, even after they voted down a TA. Curious.

It's only 4 flights... You being outsourced flying are at the whim of DAL with no room to complain. You'll find they will spread the flying around the system to keep the whipsaw alive. NWA did this and that will feed over into the DAL system. You'll find ASA probably sequencing through DTW, MEM and MSP as well...

Again, could be worse. We have 19-year CAs who can't hold reserve in CVG. As one of 150+ downgraded CAs, I know what it feels like to lose flying. We've gone from 176 aircraft to 116-ish by next year, if memory serves. It is what it is. Every regional has its time in the sun, and it's someone else's turn.

On the bright side, as a contract carrier, isn't DAL locked into giving you a certain number of flight hours? They could park our 50-seat fleet tomorrow if they wanted.

Sure it sucks. But just tonight, I flew an XJ pilot who got furloughed today.

Could be worse.

Again, could be worse. We have 19-year CAs who can't hold reserve in CVG. As one of 150+ downgraded CAs, I know what it feels like to lose flying. We've gone from 176 aircraft to 116-ish by next year, if memory serves. It is what it is. Every regional has its time in the sun, and it's someone else's turn.

Sure it sucks. But just tonight, I flew an XJ pilot who got furloughed today.

Could be worse.

looks somewhat comparable to how us air dealt with alg/pdt and the dash 8's. something like 110+ dash 8's pre merger and now 50+ dash 8's with us air's crack mgmt team....? any other thoughts or corrections?

look, this is how its going to go down its become pretty obvious to me
MSP will be a mix of Skywest, Mesaba, and Compass with maybe a small Pinnacle base
Dtw will be a mix of Pinnacle, Comair, Mesaba, with a small compass presence
MEM will be a mix of Pinnacle, ASA, and a Small Mesaba fleet
ATL will be ASA, Pinnacle, shuttle and a small mix of others
LGA will be Comair, Compass, Pinnacle, and shuttle doing the Delta Shuttle
CVG will be Comair and a small mix of others
SLC will be mesaba and Skywest
LAX will be mesaba and skywest
2 regionals with a big part in each hub, others flowing through. No need to worry about anymore strikes (as if they would ever happen anyways)
Mesaba and skywest cover the western part of the network
Everyone else covers the east
Oh yeah Delta and the former northwest might get to do some flights as well we will see

Simply moving aircraft to/from MX Hangers for 9E. Same as ASA does in CAE

Gee I wonder...I dont know why....blah blah blah...Its because ASA sucks...It has been voted worst regional the last 10 years.

mesaba LAX??????????

Of course.. we fly one revenue leg then back out overnight and the reverse a couple days later from AUS to cover extra demand because of the BCS game in the Rose Bowl and that means we are ready to open a LAX base. You couldn't figure that out (massive sarcasm)

Latest resources

Back