• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle to bring 50's to the ATL mix.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't recall anyone blaming 9E pilots here! Sensative much?

ASA pilots get upset with DELTA's decisions because we ONLY have ATL and we get pushed out of our only home by companies that fly from and are based at multiple other cities!

Stop by our lounge. Popcorn on us.
Could not have said it better myself!!!

I guess I did not realize that ASA own DELTA's flying.... Seems like Delta can give whatever flying they want to whomever as long as block hours are met..... Why are you ASA guys crying when you just gained UAL flying etc? Should you not just be happy that Skywest brought you all into that party? Looks like some ASA pilots are the sensative ones on this forum and not the 9E folks.....

ASA consistently is the loser when it comes to who flies where........

Just to clarify, you only want to do turns out of ATL? Or are you upset that you're losing the "good" routes out of ATL to others?

Either way, could be worse. I'll trade your ATL/IAD bases for JFK/CVG any day. 78% of our JFK 4-days are worth less than 20 hours. 300+ on furlough.

Oh, and to all the DTW guys, CMR flights dork up the works because we have no guidance from our company on how things work up there. each pilot gets to learn through trial and error. (and our MSP charts don't show us where circle 95/79 are, either)

This may not want to be what people want to hear, but Delta Air Lines is the one who owns that flying and can do what they want with it. It is just business, no need to "blame" Pinnacle or any of their pilots.
It is just that no one wants to be sitting in their Lazy Boy, with a good Boons Farm buzz, and have a stupid 50 seat jet come crashing through their roof.
PBR

When all ASA basically has is an ATL hub (Until IAD for United, which comes at the expense of losing ((loosing)) 6 airplanes) it does blow when someone else comes in and flies routes we have been doing for years. Why does it suck? Because that just means less flying for ASA, as you do not see us picking up routes out of SLC, DTW or MEM. We seem to be chained to ATL and a little CVG flying. So, our furloughed pilots, downgraded Captains and former lineholders can attest, to us this just means less flying. Whn our lines keep getting fewer and fewer and fewer it does suck to hear that someone else is replacing our routes. I get that it is Deltas flying and all that.....but we have to wonder why they keep replacing us in ATL? It is also funny how when we were in sec 6 negotiations we were constantly told the reason we could never get new flying was we were negotiating, they didn't know are future costs, blah blah blah. We even lost airframes and orders. It's funny how another airline in the same kind of negotiations seems to be able to keep picking things up, even after they voted down a TA. Curious.

When all ASA basically has is an ATL hub (Until IAD for United, which comes at the expense of losing ((loosing)) 6 airplanes) it does blow when someone else comes in and flies routes we have been doing for years. Why does it suck? Because that just means less flying for ASA, as you do not see us picking up routes out of SLC, DTW or MEM. We seem to be chained to ATL and a little CVG flying. So, our furloughed pilots, downgraded Captains and former lineholders can attest, to us this just means less flying. Whn our lines keep getting fewer and fewer and fewer it does suck to hear that someone else is replacing our routes. I get that it is Deltas flying and all that.....but we have to wonder why they keep replacing us in ATL? It is also funny how when we were in sec 6 negotiations we were constantly told the reason we could never get new flying was we were negotiating, they didn't know are future costs, blah blah blah. We even lost airframes and orders. It's funny how another airline in the same kind of negotiations seems to be able to keep picking things up, even after they voted down a TA. Curious.
Because they are so cheap compared to us, when you pay your employees next to nothing just like (Mesa and Gojets) they are so much more desirable. I hate this race to the bottom! Here's hoping for good news at ASA soon!

Imagine how pissed you would be if they voted Yes on the TA.... At least give them credit for that!

By the way, remember this when you are doing a lot of flying out of mem in the next year or two. It works both ways with delta

Latest resources

Back