• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Staffing Cost 9E Pilots Fence Positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't understand either. What made Mesaba so great to make people want to stay there? I mean, come on, it's a crappy regional like any other. Started with turboprops, 50s 60s 70s 80s, tons of guys hired in the 80s and 90s. I think it was the Avro that did them in. They started thinking "ah sweeet! I'm flyin the domestic 4-holer! I could totally retire on this regional 747!" And with their introduction in 1995, people were ecstatic to bid to those. Fast forward 10 y ears, 9/11, almost going to strike, a contract, Avros gone, a shamruptcy, Big Sky whipsaw, and done to just 49 Saabs, I think then pilots realized, "Crap! My domestic 747 is gone! What will I do now?" But by now, they were in too deep. Many with 10-15+ years service, and have no interest in starting over at the bottom on reserve.

So silly all the fast forwarding, you miss all the facts and life consequences. For giggles see NWA pay scales until Delta bought them, then you'll see why our senior MSP peeps would rather make $120k a year with 16 days off than start over as furlough fodder. Also, if you did have children you'd have to consider their future while you go play big boy pilot at 25k a year and no health insurance for the first six months and pay $10 to goto work (worst case scenario). News flash, life experiences change people's perceptions, and if you could walk ten years in our guys shoes you'd see why they made their life choices.

wow with that rant, maybe you should ask the guys still flying at Comair why they are still there.... That would be even better reading. :rolleyes:

wow with that rant, maybe you should ask the guys still flying at Comair why they are still there.... That would be even better reading. :rolleyes:

There's still guys at Comair getting the same schedules and deals our guys are, not as many, but I don't think they'll have any trouble landing on their feet. Of course they didn't get a 3:1 over the top of anyone. Pinnacle should keep buying airlines for our top guys. Thanks Pinnacle. :)

There's still guys at Comair getting the same schedules and deals our guys are, not as many, but I don't think they'll have any trouble landing on their feet. Of course they didn't get a 3:1 over the top of anyone. Pinnacle should keep buying airlines for our top guys. Thanks Pinnacle. :)

I guess you haven't noticed the size, shape, and age of those that are still Comair captains. :laugh:

I just hope ALPA merger policy does for anyone in the future what it did for me....I think I got like a 2:1 for my longevity.....a door slammed in my face for my career expectations here ......what was the third bullet point that Bloch was suppose to adhere too? Oh yeah....fair and equitable.....I guess that was for the other guy...not for everyone

So silly all the fast forwarding, you miss all the facts and life consequences. For giggles see NWA pay scales until Delta bought them, then you'll see why our senior MSP peeps would rather make $120k a year with 16 days off than start over as furlough fodder. Also, if you did have children you'd have to consider their future while you go play big boy pilot at 25k a year and no health insurance for the first six months and pay $10 to goto work (worst case scenario). News flash, life experiences change people's perceptions, and if you could walk ten years in our guys shoes you'd see why they made their life choices.

Funny, I wonder how many Comair guys thought the same thing. Look where they are now. Most junior FO will be 12 years and most junior Captain at around 20 years. That worked out for them real well eh? I've seen enough in this industry in my relatively short time to know that I will not spend my career at a regional, feeding another airline. Because once that 'other' airline decides to cut you, your fleet is getting parked.

Funny, I wonder how many Comair guys thought the same thing. Look where they are now. Most junior FO will be 12 years and most junior Captain at around 20 years. That worked out for them real well eh? I've seen enough in this industry in my relatively short time to know that I will not spend my career at a regional, feeding another airline. Because once that 'other' airline decides to cut you, your fleet is getting parked.

And that is your decision, good for you. Now let life take it's course and see if it goes as perfectly as you planned. Then come back here and slam others for how they've decided to live life. Maybe with a little more PIC time you'll figure it out. :-D

And that is your decision, good for you. Now let life take it's course and see if it goes as perfectly as you planned. Then come back here and slam others for how they've decided to live life. Maybe with a little more PIC time you'll figure it out. :-D

I don't know if it's the PIC time he needs, maybe just a few years living out of his parents house or something maturing. What a bizarre group of hypercritical children.

Anyway the pilot shortage is looming (unless oil spikes, terrorist attacks, or a destruction of the middle class), so I'm sure he'll be a 747 capt in no time telling us all how we should have done it :).

I don't know if it's the PIC time he needs, maybe just a few years living out of his parents house or something maturing. What a bizarre group of hypercritical children.

Anyway the pilot shortage is looming (unless oil spikes, terrorist attacks, or a destruction of the middle class), so I'm sure he'll be a 747 capt in no time telling us all how we should have done it :).

So true, so true.

Latest resources

Back