Pinnacle purchases 15 Q400

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
10-15 minutes over block? So your actually 25-30 minutes getting paid for 10-15

No, genius. I guess I'll have to give you a typical example since this "complex" addition is getting the best of you. From my trip this week:

DTW-YQB
Leg Value: 1:58
Actual Block: 1:46
I got paid: 1:58 (12 minutes more than actual block)

No "free" 15 minutes as you claim. Sorry to disappoint.

You'll be hearing from us soon. Try to be patient. It wouldn't be smart to make a snap decision. We've talked with legal in the past few days, and we'll be having another meeting this week to decide on our course of action.

BS!

Union rep from company website-

"This union operates as a representative democracy. You elected us to represent your interests. Unfortunately, it's not possible or wise to give a legal briefing to the entire membership. That's why you have elected reps. What you ask would be akin to expecting the President's National Security Adviser to give a televised briefing to the entire nation."

I didn't aks for a snap decision, just for some information. You ALPA "reps" act like it is going to ruin the lawsuit if we find out anything about what's going on. If the case has merit, who cares what we know about it. I am sure the company has some good lawyers of its own and they don't need to eavesdrop on our pilot meetings or conference calls to determine their course of action.

The BEST thing your pilot group could do is approach PCL ALPA and start a union drive for Colgan pilots NOW.

If you don't, then the rest of the industry will know where you stand. I'm not going to make airline comparisons, I'm sure you know of many precedents for this, but it would be AMAZINGLY refreshing to see a group of pilots put their foot down against the whipsawing that has taken over this industry.

Lear70,
I don't have anything against a single pilot at PCL, BUT that kind of innuendo isn't going to foster alot of "brotherhood". I've stated this before, and I will state it again. I respect the fact that you guys are in a labor negotiating mode with your management, but at the same time we as 9L pilots have worked hard to EARN the additional flying on our certificate and existing codeshares. Using your logic of any "new" flying as your basis for a breech of contract on your agreement with PCL managment, do you feel PCL pilots should be flying the FOUR additional Saab 340s that will be flying for USAirways on an EAS contract in Parkersburg and Morgantown, WV? I suggest you answer very carefully and thoughtfully. We are listening and waiting.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Actually- we worked hard at 9E to make the company money to buy yours some additional flying.

BS!

Union rep from company website-

"This union operates as a representative democracy. You elected us to represent your interests. Unfortunately, it's not possible or wise to give a legal briefing to the entire membership. That's why you have elected reps. What you ask would be akin to expecting the President's National Security Adviser to give a televised briefing to the entire nation."

I didn't aks for a snap decision, just for some information. You ALPA "reps" act like it is going to ruin the lawsuit if we find out anything about what's going on. If the case has merit, who cares what we know about it. I am sure the company has some good lawyers of its own and they don't need to eavesdrop on our pilot meetings or conference calls to determine their course of action.

As I've said before, we'll provide information after a full review has been accomplished, and a plan of action has been decided upon. Legal briefings from the attorneys include many pieces of information that we don't want to get into the hands of management. I don't think it's too much to ask for you to be patient and wait a few more days for some information. If you have concerns, then call one of us instead of attacking us on a public message board. The union rep you quoted above is me. My phone number and email address are available to you in the Climb and Maintain and on our website. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have, as would any other rep.

No, genius. I guess I'll have to give you a typical example since this "complex" addition is getting the best of you. From my trip this week:

DTW-YQB
Leg Value: 1:58
Actual Block: 1:46
I got paid: 1:58 (12 minutes more than actual block)

No "free" 15 minutes as you claim. Sorry to disappoint.

OK Genius

That's called "block"....What about the "better" part. Please "educate" me on what happens when you fly that sam leg value of 1:58 at an actual time of 2:14....that's what I thout you get to work for 15 minutes free and you get paid for 1:59....a whoppen 1 minute extra....

Seems I know more about your contract than you and I don't even work there

Last edited:
OK Genius

That's called "block"....What about the "better" part. Please "educate" me on what happens when you fly that sam leg value of 1:58 at an actual time of 2:14....that's what I thout you get to work for 15 minutes free and you get paid for 1:59....a whoppen 1 minute extra....

Seems I know more about your contract than you and I don't even work there

As I said earlier, the "better" that you refer to is only equal to about 1% extra on the W2 each year. Something to demand in the next contract? Absolutely. Something to get all worked up over now? No, not really.

Then I guess you should have no problem getting that in your next contrat...afterall it's only 1%

I don't anticipate it being a major issue. Retro pay, junior-mans/extensions, etc... are the big-ticket items. Block-or-better is pretty much a given.

Now before you all question my sources, please review my very first post in which I broke the news that 9E was getting 17 more CRJ's almost 48 hours before the press release. I am and do have very reliable sources, sources which I cannot and will not betray.

Yawn.........who gives a f@#$!

9E ALPA better get some info out to the pilots soon or they are going to have a mess on their hands. ALPA has had plenty of time to "review" things. How much time do you need??? At this rate, the airplanes will be flying around before any info is forthcoming. Lets get a move on already! You can't keep people in the dark forever and expect them to just "be patient".

Latest resources

Back