Pinnacle purchases 15 Q400

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try again

9E outsourcing flying? Who in their right mind would undercut 9E? Next thing you know the Chinese will be hiring Colgan to replace Mesa. ALPA will never learn. However, I did like how CAL stated they liked 9E's excellent performance, or was that price?

Wow, you really no nothing about either the Colgan/CAL/9E situation or Mesa in China.

Educate yourself on these contracts, how the contracts work, how the companies are setup, and learn some basic business. We'll all be better off the more we know.

Reiterating ignorance on this message board doesn't help anyone.

I don't think it's possible for 9E to operate the Q400. Sources tell me that if 9E were to put the Q400 on their certificate the insurance would be "out of this world" and they could no longer put in a competive bid. Too many Hull loses and damaged AC within the 9E ranks. I attended an ALPA sponsored event during XJ's contract talks that "even though the cost of XJ's contact is more, combining the cost of insurance with that of the same combination at 9E, XJ can make a more affordable bid to NWA."

Hence, this is just more than whipsawing it was the only wa mgt could grow outside of 9E.

Now before you all question my sources, please review my very first post in which I broke the news that 9E was getting 17 more CRJ's almost 48 hours before the press release. I am and do have very reliable sources, sources which I cannot and will not betray.

I don't think it's possible for 9E to operate the Q400. Sources tell me that if 9E were to put the Q400 on their certificate the insurance would be "out of this world" and they could no longer put in a competive bid. Too many Hull loses and damaged AC within the 9E ranks. I attended an ALPA sponsored event during XJ's contract talks that "even though the cost of XJ's contact is more, combining the cost of insurance with that of the same combination at 9E, XJ can make a more affordable bid to NWA."

Hence, this is just more than whipsawing it was the only wa mgt could grow outside of 9E.

Now before you all question my sources, please review my very first post in which I broke the news that 9E was getting 17 more CRJ's almost 48 hours before the press release. I am and do have very reliable sources, sources which I cannot and will not betray.

Better look for new sources. Our block-hour costs (which include insurance rates) are the lowest in the industry. No one even comes close.

We still believe our management is in control

Then you're really in for a rude awakening. Phildo is in control now. The Colgans are merely puppets. Phil learned how to play this game from the puppet-masters at NWA. The puppet has become the puppet-master.

Better look for new sources. Our block-hour costs (which include insurance rates) are the lowest in the industry. No one even comes close.

no sh!t..it's b/c you guys get paid crap..you schmoes don't even get paid block or better last time I checked!!

no sh!t..it's b/c you guys get paid crap..you schmoes don't even get paid block or better last time I checked!!

And where is it that you work?

What's it like to work an extra 15 minutes at the end of every leg for FREE!

six legs a day 1.5 hours
18 days/month 27 hours

lost pay 27 X $60.00 = $1,620/month

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's it like to work an extra 15 minutes at the end of every leg for FREE!

six legs a day 1.5 hours
18 days/month 27 hours

lost pay 27 X $60.00 = $1,620/month

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know. You'd have to ask someone else, because that doesn't happen to me. I can't even remember the last time that I overblocked the leg-value. Most of the leg-values are so inflated that I get paid for 10-15 minutes over what I usually block. Our studies indicate that removing the 15-minute rule will add about 1% to W2 wages. Yeah, we intend to get rid of the 15-minute rule in the next agreement just out of principal, but the effect to my paycheck won't even be noticeable.

Don't know. You'd have to ask someone else, because that doesn't happen to me. I can't even remember the last time that I overblocked the leg-value. Most of the leg-values are so inflated that I get paid for 10-15 minutes over what I usually block. Our studies indicate that removing the 15-minute rule will add about 1% to W2 wages. Yeah, we intend to get rid of the 15-minute rule in the next agreement just out of principal, but the effect to my paycheck won't even be noticeable.

10-15 minutes over block? So your actually 25-30 minutes getting paid for 10-15

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back