Pinnacle Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
idratherfly4283 said:
So let's see here, if you got a good deal on a hotel at 50 dollars a night, for seven nights a week, for roughly six weeks, could be more. That gives you 2100 dollars out of pocket. I don't know about anyone else, but that is a little excessive especially when places will pay for your hotel, listen this isn't an argument, it is a prefrence, I prefer not to be a butt licking biatch, if you like to lick butt then go to pinnacle and waste your money, as for this thread i am done.

Or you can get a crashpad like everybody else for $150 a month.

Exactly! Everyone likes to point to some reason to bash PCL. This time its the hotel thing. Get the crash pad and pay your dues, and shortly, it will be worth it. Or don't and go somewhere else. Your decision.

To me, it was worth it, if its not to you, then good luck.

another cfii said:
I think we need to set the record straight. Before you bash PCL for not paying for hotel during training, please post what your company pays you during training, i.e. wage or stipend, pay for hotel?? Then we can start making some comparison.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe not all regionals will pay for the hotel of their new hire for the whole duration of the training, which lasts from 6-8 weeks.

OK, Mesaba gives you a hotel room by yourself.

They give you a company ID first day of training

They start you out day one with 75 hour pay garantee

The only thing you do not get is Per Diem.

Simon Says said:
OK, Mesaba gives you a hotel room by yourself.

They give you a company ID first day of training

They start you out day one with 75 hour pay garantee

The only thing you do not get is Per Diem.

Yeah but then you have to be based at MSP,DTW, or MEM...hey wait a minute :(

Chicagopilot22 said:
with no id, does that mean you can't travel lets say to go home until training is over?

That's correct. I hope you like MEM. :)

QuasarZ said:
everybody knows that in this industry you need to sacrafice a little... and paying for a hotel is one of them, and if you cant stand paying for a hotel for a while, your pathetic. You have to start at the botttom to get to the top no matter where you go, and at some places it will be paying for a hotel, and other places it could be something else. Suck it up and get over it

Sorry...but it is those attitudes and beliefs that have caused this one honorable profession to descend into disgrace.

The preponderance of pilots willing to pay for thier way into the seat has caused managements to exploit that desire to their advantage.

By the time you are qualified to fly at the regional level, the sacrifices should be done. You are no longer an "apprentice" in this profession.

I have worked at one regional and one major (used to be anyways) and both paid your hotel, per diem, salary (at guarantee), and issued ID's on day one of class.

Pilots need to believe in the inherent value of thier skills and stop subsidizing the faulty business plans of inept managements.

For those hopefuls who are seeking a decent job with an ok airline, Pinnacle is an ok company. The pay is not great but the company is going to be around for the next few years. For those of you who are new in this airline world, Pinacle has been around for twenty years and they have been growing almost every year and been profitable every year. There are some great airlines and there are very bad ones. Pinnacle is an ok airline. The paychecks are always on time
For those who wish to be hired at Pinnacle right now please be informed that there will be more airplanes coming. The carrot is being held as negotiations are worked through. This is fact. Just some inside information.
The hiring critera is now more difficult however there is an organization in memphis that helps candidates to be prep'd for this hiring process. I have heard lot of good things about them. They can be reached via email at mempilotinterviews.com. Give them a shot. The last class of interviewees was for ten people and only 2 were hired. Those 2 had been prep'd by the above mentioned
Have a great 4th...........PEACE

For those hopefuls who are seeking a decent job with an ok airline, Pinnacle is an ok company. The pay is not great but the company is going to be around for the next few years. For those of you who are new in this airline world, Pinacle has been around for twenty years and they have been growing almost every year and been profitable every year. There are some great airlines and there are very bad ones. Pinnacle is an ok airline. The paychecks are always on time
For those who wish to be hired at Pinnacle right now please be informed that there will be more airplanes coming. The carrot is being held as negotiations are worked through. This is fact. Just some inside information.
The hiring critera is now more difficult however there is an organization in memphis that helps candidates to be prep'd for this hiring process. I have heard lot of good things about them. They can be reached via email at mempilotinterviews.com. Give them a shot. The last class of interviewees was for ten people and only 2 were hired. Those 2 had been prep'd by the above mentioned
Have a great 4th...........PEACE

Latest resources

Back