• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, pilots union meet with mediators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The race to the bottom ends right here with 9E.

Actually, the race to the bottom is ending next door to you guys. Heard of Mesaba?

Unless you were an Express I pilot, you have no idea how bad things are going to get.

Every regional MEC/EXCO out there will be trying to get parent company/holding company/air group scope during their next time through the contract dance, and every management group out there will try to make it seem like the most massively expensive bargaining item in the history of contract negotiations, even if they don't particularly give a crap.

For management, the cat's out of the bag -- everyone expects the ol' alter ego trick. For pilot reps, the trick is to get scope without giving away the farm. The problem is, the worse you want something, the more expensive it gets.

Bottom line: I think we're doomed.

We can thank GOATJET for that!

Last edited:
Not to shoot down your optimism (because being optimistic can be a good thing), but any contract offered to you by 9E management is going to be a big stinking pile of manure.

You can get a contract done tonight, if you're willing to fly for Mesa pay rates.

Wow, you sound like a pinnacle expert. How long did you work there?

Not to shoot down your optimism (because being optimistic can be a good thing), but any contract offered to you by 9E management is going to be a big stinking pile of manure.

You can get a contract done tonight, if you're willing to fly for Mesa pay rates.

of course we could get a contract done tonight if we were willing to fly for Mesa pay rates, but we're not...hence the reason we have been in negotiations.

Nothing could be worse than the current contract we have now...

Unless you were an Express I pilot, you have no idea how bad things are going to get.

And I never got my J31 type. :angryfire

Before the monsoon hit MEM last night I talked with another former 'Linker, who left about 8 years ago, that he could never imagine how things are over there now. He thought it was bad during the Brady years.

Good luck bro's.

Wow, you sound like a pinnacle expert. How long did you work there?

I've worked for the altenate dimension Pinnacle Airlines (called Mesaba) for 7 years. My point was that if you can't see what they are doing to Mesaba and how the same sham and tactics will be used against Pinnalce, you're blind.

It doesn't take an expert to see that.

For management, the cat's out of the bag -- everyone expects the ol' alter ego trick. For pilot reps, the trick is to get scope without giving away the farm. The problem is, the worse you want something, the more expensive it gets.
Yeah, but the reps are savvy to it and don't have to give up an INCH of current Scope. It's already in there and with the record profits for 5 years and counting, the company is gonna have to come off that pile of cash.

Maybe not to the tune that everyone WANTS, but it will be FAR from concessionary unless the MEC just screws the pooch which I seriously doubt will happen with the current domicile reps in place.

Bottom line: I think we're doomed.
Oh ye of little faith... and I thought people said I was pessimistic. ;)

No need to bump for me, I've been up outta that beyatch for almost half a year now. Hard to believe, but SOOOO sweet! :D

Just got back from an 8-day cruise out towards St Thomas, St. Maarten,,, gained 5 pounds but it was WORTH it! :pimp:

Most of you guys have no idea what you are talking about.

Pinnacle pilots are being whipsawed not only by Mesaba but Compass and Republic. Take a short look at the CEO of Compass. Neil Cohen is the guy making all the moves in the NW bankruptcy, and he is the CEO of Compass. Where do you think his next big payday is? Compass will be IPO'd in a few years for twice what PCL brought to NW and Cohen/Steenland will be there for their shares.

PCL pilots are left with two options: take whatever they can get in the way of workrules/scope or watch their jobs go to Republic or Compass. The NMB is not going to let them go on strike so the by hanging tough, they simply watch their careers melt away.

There is not a "WIN" scenario out there for the PCL guys.

Latest resources

Back