• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, pilots union meet with mediators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey now...I feel left out :-( What about me?
Just kidding. Thanks for the bump. Interesting to see this happening. I wish you all the best, still many good friends over there.

You're ex-PNCL? Where did you go, like, where are you now? Just curious.

Do you guys think the the conference call will be good news or bad news...my bet is bad news.........my mec speaks for me

I'm thinking it will be good news, but I'm an optimistic bastard...

I am also optimistic...we shall see tomorrow

the way I see it, there's gonna be two things they can tell us.

1. We are very close to a contract
2. We are no closer to a contract than our last conference call.

Those are very troubling words about scope in that article. I hope every single pilot has seen the example of what gayjets and other alter ego companies due to the existing pilot group.

This for me would be the single most important section of negotiations! Make sure you let your reps know if you feel the same.

wheelsup said:
Remember what mesa did with freedom? They "took one for the team" and signed a crappy contract to get scope.

History repeats itself...

Every regional MEC/EXCO out there will be trying to get parent company/holding company/air group scope during their next time through the contract dance, and every management group out there will try to make it seem like the most massively expensive bargaining item in the history of contract negotiations, even if they don't particularly give a crap.

For management, the cat's out of the bag -- everyone expects the ol' alter ego trick. For pilot reps, the trick is to get scope without giving away the farm. The problem is, the worse you want something, the more expensive it gets.

Bottom line: I think we're doomed.

For pilot reps, the trick is to get scope without giving away the farm.

PCL pilots don't have to "give up the farm" to get scope. Our current agreement already scopes PNCL Holdings. The company is trying to get us to give scope back to them.

PCL pilots don't have to "give up the farm" to get scope. Our current agreement already scopes PNCL Holdings. The company is trying to get us to give scope back to them.

Tell 'em to shove it!

Hurt PT's feelings, that clown deserves it!

Good. Glad to hear it. I was speaking more generically.

This for me would be the single most important section of negotiations! Make sure you let your reps know if you feel the same.

No **** Sherlock. Our Reps. know how we feel. The race to the bottom ends right here with 9E.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking it will be good news, but I'm an optimistic bastard...

Not to shoot down your optimism (because being optimistic can be a good thing), but any contract offered to you by 9E management is going to be a big stinking pile of manure.

You can get a contract done tonight, if you're willing to fly for Mesa pay rates.

Latest resources

Back