Pinnacle Pilots: "Just wanted to have fun"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flechas said:
That was uncalled for, what an idiot you are.

C'mon guys, lets have at least some repect for the pilots, it can be any of us tomorrow.

C'mon flechas, just one more post to the big 1500! You can do it!

popeye0537......are you jealous? Flechas....i totally agree with you....gateau is an idiot! yank mcobb and regionaltard....why are you guys being mean? theirs so much more to this story than what u have been reading! so relax....the world isnt going to end!!!

Dual flameout, isn't the first pri to get an engine lit? They would be alive if they would've focused on lighting an engine.

This comment is coming from lots of experienced people, and it's really starting to scare me. You do realize that the plane isn't required to maintain max operating altitude under every weight and temperature condition for certification don't you?

Yes, I do, so don't be scared.

How do you know they did not check their charts? Was the temperature at +10 deviation on the day of this accident? Is this in the NTSB report? I will do more reading to find this information. If you could provide a link that would be helpful. Anyway, if this is the case and they had a total disregard for the performance numbers, then I agree with you, big mistake on their part and a true dissapointment.

However, if they checked their numbers and went up then what is the problem? Stempler makes it seem like these guys were buzzing the tower or performing aerobatic maneuvers.

"This was boredom and experimentation, these guys experimenting with things they had no business doing," Stempler said.

I do not have the facts to judge these guys, and it sounds like they made some serious mistakes, but deciding to fly to FL 410 under the right conditions is not an experiment. Stempler and his harsh words should be backed up by facts and not politics. Look at who this guys represents.

Gateau said:
I am a rude person. I contribute little of worth to this website. I am sorry I signed on today...

I thought i posted the most disgusting crap on this website. I sit here dethroned, and mesmorized by shock and awe. Bravo sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
ridethewind.....i guess u havent been keeping urself updated with the ntsb transcripts...."The transcript recounts their increasingly desperate efforts to restart the engines and regain altitude" do ur homework before you start talking crap about the pilots!!!

Ignorance...

latinachick said:
first and foremost....i know the co-pilot that you guys are talking crap about....not only professionally but personally as well....i wont go into that but i was around throughout his whole pilot training! and he was a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good pilot!!!!!! now i was just want to bring something up.....ya'll cant tell me that ya'll dont joke around in the airplane especially whenever their isnt any passengers onboard! i'm a flight engineer on a 727 and i know how it is! we have a good time and theirs nothing wrong with that....how boring would it be to just sit their and talk on the radio for 3 hours on the way to minneapolis! the point i'm trying to make is....how the heck can two engines fail at ur certified altitude??!! that question should be left to the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** engineers that built that jet!!!!

This post is so full of poor grammar and poor spelling that it fails to meet any validity.
Finish high school, honey.

latinachick said:
how boring would it be to just sit their and talk on the radio for 3 hours on the way to minneapolis!

Boring maybe, but you wouldn't be dead as a result. Telling stories and jokes to pass the time is one thing, ignoring common sense and SOP just so you can have fun by going to FL410 is something completely different.

the point i'm trying to make is....how the heck can two engines fail at ur certified altitude??!!

If you don't know the answer to that question, then you're part of the problem. How can so many pilots be so ignorant of such basic things?

Latest resources

Back