• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Pilots: "Just wanted to have fun"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read minimum climb profile is 250/.70 which ever is less. I thought I read that during the climb they got as slow as .57.

The .57 mach number was not was concerned me. The fact that they were at 180 kts indicated (as reported on the CVR) in the 40,000 foot range and thought they were doing ok because they were still "above (sea level) Vt" is what worries me.

Any company that allows the command of their aircraft go to individuals with such an obvious ignorance of high altitude operations is as much culpable as the pilots themselves.

David S. Stiempler President

direct 301-299-6515 Cell 301-980-8888

Give him a call.

I did give him a call and he said.... they were experimenting and screwing around. I then asked if the aircraft was certified for 410 why whould you consider it experimenting he just said.....Huh? And went on how pilots always screw around and try and kill people. Make sure you tell him how you feel don't be afraid to let him know your point of view.

This accident i feel was due to PCLs poor training it seems all they are good at over their is giving pink slips.

If the training at pcl is indeed a good program, someone from pcl please defend it. I am under the impression that this is not due to a substandard training program. I don't know the exact proceedure because I don't fly a crj, but there are performance charts that the pilots are supposed to refer to. I fly the erj and I know that we can make 370 (max operating alt) at all weights so we don't check any charts. The crj, on the other hand, is not able to make it's max operating altitude under all conditions and they knew this. I'm sure somewhere during their training at pcl they were introduced to performance charts concerning max operating altitude.

The training program at Pinnacle is indeed absolutely terrible. Of course, that doesn't excuse the conduct of the crew, but it is cetainly a contributing factor. Hopefully the training dept will get a good overhaul as a result of this mess.

peter cesarz is a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good pilot!!!!!

first and foremost....i know the co-pilot that you guys are talking crap about....not only professionally but personally as well....i wont go into that but i was around throughout his whole pilot training! we lived together! and he was a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good pilot!!!!!! now i was just want to bring something up.....ya'll cant tell me that ya'll dont joke around in the airplane especially whenever their isnt any passengers onboard! i'm a flight engineer on a 727 and i know how it is! we have a good time and theirs nothing wrong with that....how boring would it be to just sit their and talk on the radio for 3 hours on the way to minneapolis! the point i'm trying to make is....how the heck can two engines fail at ur certified altitude??!! that question should be left to the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** engineers that built that jet!!!!

That was uncalled for, what an idiot you are.

C'mon guys, lets have at least some repect for the pilots, it can be any of us tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
as a F/E on a 727 YOU of all people should understand Something about turbojet engines......Latina chick....hmmmm

how exactally did you get that job??

latinachick said:
the point i'm trying to make is....how the heck can two engines fail at ur certified altitude??!! that question should be left to the engineers that built that jet!!!!

And the point I'm trying to make is that if you have to ask this question, you obviously are as **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** clueless as they were about high altitude aerodynamics and performance.

Get back into your 152 until you learn something about jets.

latinachick said:
the point i'm trying to make is....how the heck can two engines fail at ur certified altitude??!! that question should be left to the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** engineers that built that jet!!!!

I suspect that your concept of "altitude" is somewhat different from that used by:

1. The aircraft's wing
2. The aircraft's powerplants
3. The engineers that built the jet.

It's unfortunate that your limited understanding was shared by the crew operating the jet. There's actually a little more to it than how far you fall before hitting the ground.

Latest resources

Back