Pinnacle or Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Med school - that's a GREAT idea.

Always a demand for doctors, true...but you can go further into debt than a Riddle undergrad with working hours as a resident that would make the most beat-down regional airline pilot shake his head in disgust.

Then you can buy a Cirrus, do something stupid in it, pull the chute, and claim the most technoligically advanced GA airplane ever saved your life.

I agree. Worst gate agents in the delta system happen to be in detroit along with the worst rampers and atc controllers in the country. They are beyond bribes up there. Just plain lazy. I want our JFK base back. They actually miss us up there.

Are you freaking kidding me? Ill give you this...the gate agents are trolls and you wait for a long time for a gate...but the controllers in DTW are top notch? Where did that come from??
PS..if you Comair guys know how to fly the RJ so much better than all of us why cant you learn to pull up to the freaking zipper road in Detroit and let other people pass...DONE!

Are you freaking kidding me? Ill give you this...the gate agents are trolls and you wait for a long time for a gate...but the controllers in DTW are top notch? Where did that come from??
PS..if you Comair guys know how to fly the RJ so much better than all of us why cant you learn to pull up to the freaking zipper road in Detroit and let other people pass...DONE!

I completely agree the DTW ATC is top notch in my experience. My vote for worst controllers would be SLC.

If you dont want to be a pilot still, do something about it.

I love my job. But I just don't think entering this industry is worth it anymore. I'd recommend to others to pursue something else they have interest in (including medicine) and just renting/buying a plane and flying for fun.

Med school - that's a GREAT idea.

Always a demand for doctors, true...but you can go further into debt than a Riddle undergrad with working hours as a resident that would make the most beat-down regional airline pilot shake his head in disgust.

Then you can buy a Cirrus, do something stupid in it, pull the chute, and claim the most technoligically advanced GA airplane ever saved your life.
There's no comparison. I know some Ridde Grads who also did the Gulfstream program and are in debt by $180k and more. A 4 year med school loan of about the same will be paid off MUCH quicker. True, residency pay is low, but that's 3 to 4 years tops. Once you're done, you automatically start out at $150,000+ a year as a physician. Compare that to these Riddle and Gulfstream idiots, once you're done with the same debt as med school, you start at a regional for $20,000.

After being based up there for 4 years I learned how to fly a CRJ on the edge of its envelope within its limitations.

What exactly do you consider the edge of the envelope while flying the CRJ....flying at 215 at Flaps 15? 180 to the FAF? JFK is just another busy (sometimes) airport. I a pilot already flies into ATL, BOS, PHL, DCA, LGA, ORD, etc then JFK won't break them.

What exactly do you consider the edge of the envelope while flying the CRJ....flying at 215 at Flaps 15? 180 to the FAF? JFK is just another busy (sometimes) airport. I a pilot already flies into ATL, BOS, PHL, DCA, LGA, ORD, etc then JFK won't break them.

Srsly. Other than the taxi delays, JFK is easy as pie.

Latest resources

Back