• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan SLI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fine, I'm for DOH as well as long as I get to use my DOH from the first airline I worked for.

Would you still be for DOH, if you were merging with Comair? I understand that you want DOH because it would be a great benefit to you, but going from 25% to 12% would be considered a windfall.

Until the first vacancy... Then it's a slow death.
Exactly. Seniority is everything. Those who are selling relative as a "won't change anything" scenario are either blind or willfully deceptive.

I'm trying to figure out which is worse.

The "winners" of the SLI should be from the acquiring carrier, Pinnacle. That would mean a relative seniority integration with Mesaba and then staple Colgan. Thats how I would do it anyway.
Except XJ was bought by PNCL Holdings. This merger is a just that. Equal for both parties.

Fine, I'm for DOH as well as long as I get to use my DOH from the first airline I worked for.

Would you still be for DOH, if you were merging with Comair? I understand that you want DOH because it would be a great benefit to you, but going from 25% to 12% would be considered a windfall.
Absolutely I would merger DOH with Comair if that was the case. Quite frankly, ALPA should have created a single seniority list when the first ALPA carrier failed/merged. Then we would not have been forced to deal with this at USAir/Delta/TWA/ATA/Etc/Etc.

Yet you believe going from 10% of a 200 pilot company to 10% of a 5000 pilot company is not a windfall???(numbers exaggerated)

If I were a negotiator....

I would research when each of us entered this sector of the industry (for protecting previous furloughed types and the non union ie. SkyWest types) and create a DOH list from those dates. That would be the starting point.

No one would be allowed to lose aircraft or seat. But as vacancies open, someone could bid into a position above them.

Then I would the break the list into 6 parts. CA and FO for the 3 companies. I would identify 3 individuals from each group representing 25%/50%/75% and track how much the DOH list moves them. I would identify any specific areas that would affect them and negotiate any type of kicker (or loss) to protect "Windfalls" specific to the individuals. That gives you 9 resetting points to manage these.
Copied this from page 5 for you Carl. Notice the reference to research entrance dates to the 121 world.

And as a further note.... My math was off. 6 divisions with 3 reps from each group would be 18 resetting points to manage windfalls (not 9).

The idea is that if everyone stays in their seat, base and holds the same schedule there is no loss to anyone. No one gains and no one loses QOL.

WRONG WRON WRONG!

Example your #20 in you base, position, ect...What happens when a junior guys moves on and creates a vacancy...someone senior to you moves in that was junior to you DOH now your #21

WRONG WRON WRONG!

Example your #20 in you base, position, ect...What happens when a junior guys moves on and creates a vacancy...someone senior to you moves in that was junior to you DOH now your #21
I agree. And the first step of the "Asset Transfer" will be a vacancy... You'll never see #20.

How did Delta/NorthWest work it out in such a way that everyone was happy, or at the very least not riotous?

WRONG WRON WRONG!

I hate to say this but you don't need a merger to have this kind of situation. Some how I managed to get the 200 at XJ and while I am grateful, 95% of the vacancy's have gone over me.

Been on the plane 3 years. I've had 3 lines and I am embarrassed to tell you how much PIC I've gotten since upgrading. I am hoping to be able to get a few more days off a month and and get more flying. Maybe even a regular line.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back