• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan SLI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if you are so worried about the most senior of the senior I have a solution. at pinnacle your most senior position is ATL and your 900's and the same can be said about the DTW/MEM/MSP mesaba 900's. So lets fence all those and keep them exclusively for the pilots of each company. That would protect your most senior guys precious summer vacations and weekends. I am not one to think this is a good solution to bring us together but it would give me a chance to get to the 900 if I do not move on. If I do not move on, my plan was to be on the 900 but is unlikely if a bad SLI happens.

Listen, I understand you have more time at company than I and I don't think I should be senior to you. I just hope they can find a solution that is the least detrimental to everyone's quality of life pre merger.

Do you think I should take a big hit in my quality of life over this merger? Should I have to go back to tuesday, wednesday's off because PNCL decided to purchase Mesaba?

What is fair? How would you define it?

First off you qualified your statement of merging the list by saying "all CJC pilots" and "merging without fences"

I think what you meant was specifically you, and not all CJC pilots...which is fine. I just want what I am saying in context.

Second is merging without fences. This merge will more than likely have fences. One on the Q-400 CA, and the other on the CRJ-900 CA. With that said I should be senior to you on the list, but I could not bump you out of position or schedule for a time being. What is that time? I don't know, but with the merger of the SLI their will be quite a few guys coming in senior to you fair or not. For me guys with less years of service will be coming in senior to me fair or not. It is the way it is.

With all of that said here is what you need to think about with the TA contract. You may be able to hold whatever you want now and bid whatever schedule you may desire. Once the SLI is integrated then you may be worrying about the 4 hour min day/ reserve/ and section 25.

Date of hire without fences would not be fair to cjc pilots. I think that longevity should count for something, but there must be a way to integrate such that in the new company, your bidding for schedules and vacation will be close to what you had prior to the merger. I have been at cjc for 6 years and am sitting at about 15%. I hold weekends off/capt on the Q. I don't expect to come out at 15% on the combined list but anywhere under 25% would be justifiable and acceptable to me.

The argument about CJC gaining so much in the contract does not work for me personally as I would rather keep my current pay and workrules with weekends off then get the pay bump (I rarely if ever get extended or junior manned, have less then 11 days off, work for less than 4 hours in a day as it is so the work rules I have seen so far don't help me that much) and lose my schedule. My schedule is my quality of life.
In all fairness suupah, I respect every point you make, but I could also apply every point to myself. 12 years at XJ gets you about 21%-25% of our list, and a descent schedule. With the JCBA we get NO raise whatsoever. Exactly how is it fair to us, if we get no raise and have to let you in front of us at 15%-25% (with a huge raise) to ensure your quality of life? Although it may seem fair to you to not end up lower than 25% on the combined list, it is unfair to the 7-10 year people at XJ/9E that you would get to integrate in front of.

The thing is, there is no right answer. Everyone of us will be affected differently no matter how we integrate. We will have to make personal changes (Seat/Base/Equipment) to get back to an acceptable QOL for ourselves.

You guys keep talking about the 900 like it is a FU#%^NG A330. IT IS A CRJ! It has an extra ugly old lady and a forward potty. Oh, and FIVE WHOLE EXTRA DOLLARS PER HOUR.

I'm sure it is a nice plane, but put your boners away already. Your a CRJ pilot, get over yourselves.

You guys keep talking about the 900 like it is a FU#%^NG A330. IT IS A CRJ! It has an extra ugly old lady and a forward potty. Oh, and FIVE WHOLE EXTRA DOLLARS PER HOUR.

I'm sure it is a nice plane, but put your boners away already. Your a CRJ pilot, get over yourselves.

I could careless what airplane it is. I chase the pay and quality of life. Between those two I don't know what is more important. So, for me it is not the type of airplane I fly.

WRONG!!

when dual qual is implemented if your a 900 captain you will always get 900 pay

If you were a 900 captain and now your a 200 captain you'll only get the 900 pay when you fly the 900. So yet again Mesaba Pilots are set up to get screwed again...by $5/hour...

Quite honestly, it's the biggest POS of the 3 transport category that I've flown. But it pays better and the schedules nice.

If QOL was truly the primary factor, your relative seniority will go farther on the 200, i.e. better choice of vacations, more days off, holidays off and weekends off, because it is slightly more junior.

I'm not buying it. I think it is not the 5 bucks an hour you are whining about.

Latest resources

Back