Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan Reallignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJ Guys,

I want to apologize for last night's outburst. I took the news hard... I was sure that the company would do the smart thing and absorb secondaries, and not be so quick to downgrade.

XJ Pilots are not responsible for this, it's been a combination of events that has led my seniority level to this point. Namely SLI and management's short-sightedness.

*For the record, compare where a Q1 2007 hire has landed in all 3 companies. It will be years before a Pinnacle FO's butt touches any left seat. I do hope you recognize that. You'll find that your arguments that a pinnacle pilot got a boost don't really apply. And doesn't make this bitter pill any sweeter.

Anyway, please accept my humble apology.

All is good, I was drunk and wanted to scrap. You are not a D. bag.

XJ Guys,

I want to apologize for last night's outburst. I took the news hard... I was sure that the company would do the smart thing and absorb secondaries, and not be so quick to downgrade.

XJ Pilots are not responsible for this, it's been a combination of events that has led my seniority level to this point. Namely SLI and management's short-sightedness.

*For the record, compare where a Q1 2007 hire has landed in all 3 companies. It will be years before a Pinnacle FO's butt touches any left seat. I do hope you recognize that. You'll find that your arguments that a pinnacle pilot got a boost don't really apply. And doesn't make this bitter pill any sweeter.

Anyway, please accept my humble apology.

I am comparing and it is not that great but what I look at is your over all seniority-I mean come on, guys hired just a few months before you at your own company are MORE senior to 01-03 hires at Mesaba. Not to mention a 07 hire at Colgan is also more senior to an 03 mesaba. If you want to complain-just wait a little while longer and most 9E guys can hold anything they want where as the 01-04 mesaba hires will have to leave since they lost 500-600 numbers or 4-6 years of seniority.

I am comparing and it is not that great but what I look at is your over all seniority-I mean come on, guys hired just a few months before you at your own company are MORE senior to 01-03 hires at Mesaba. Not to mention a 07 hire at Colgan is also more senior to an 03 mesaba. If you want to complain-just wait a little while longer and most 9E guys can hold anything they want where as the 01-04 mesaba hires will have to leave since they lost 500-600 numbers or 4-6 years of seniority.
Wait a little while longer? I don't think you understand how seniority systems work. After this Saab displacement, a Pinnacle FO is gonna need about 120 pinnacle pilots or 300 system pilots to leave before my seniority level could even sniff a fence or upgrade.

Management said they were losing 8-10 pilots per month on the 9E side. That's about 1.5 years. A "little while" it is not.

yeah well look at it this way, as soon as Delta takes their flows, that is like 80 very senior captain positions. I am not sure on what the specifics are but there could not be that many more Saab captains than that. I heard Mesaba lost 11 this month-and I do believe the company should come to there senses and increase the amount of captains slots for they are short them anyways. I have also been informed that Mesaba is at their number for the jet slots (as evident by colgan guys getting 900CA positions. So your little while is just around the corner-literally. Our FO's have to wait too, oh and guys in my position had every pinnacle captain and all the Q captains at Colgan put senior to us even though a lot had a fraction of our longevity. I was an FO for 4.5 years and wish it on not one pilot-even you Pinnacle guys-or Mesba's jet Princess's :) I had to throw that in there.......but think of this-next year there will be options and the positive for FO's now days is that it seems they hire FO's at the nationals and majors now days. Good luck to us all. I have always been bitter about this SLI-just not bitter at those who benefited from this (some mesaba/pinnacle/Colgan guys all benefited) I would have rather stayed independent than be under pinnacle's management and be in this situation with the future not looking very bright-you blame Mesaba's Saabs-well take a look at 2017 and how many CRJ 200 contracts are done and see just what Pinnacle brought to the table

How many 9e MSP 200 captains were displaced to JFK and DTW like 6-8 months ago or whatever it was?? Are all those guys trying to get back to MSP or do they like their schedules in DTW/JFK?

So it sounds like the fence numbers have been reached for Mesaba 200 and 900 captains. Lets say all the saabs go away before Delta hires so you have 01'-05' hires potentially getting displaced out of MSP. Then Delta starts hiring and the flows leave for greener pastures, most of those are in MSP. Just because they leave a slot open in MSP doesn't necessarily mean a Mesaba driver could hold their fence captain position in MSP? is that correct? So a 9e guy/gal in JFK/DTW who is senior to most of the 01-05' hires bids back to MSP and that leaves the fence slot open out in DTW or JFK? Geeze be awhile to be a captain in MSP again.

xjhawk you're right its a big sh!t sandwhich and we all need to try to get the heck out, lol! Somebody needs to start a support group kind of similar to those groups that gather every week or month to talk about lives problems. Instead we could just complain about our careers and brain storm ideas on how to get out of the new Mesaba, haha. Besides the pay cut kind of looking forward to being a gear b!tch in the right seat again and having a descent schedule for awhile.

I'm going to be lucky to simply hold the left seat while guys 500 numbers junior get to upgrade. Not happy here.

I'm going to be lucky to simply hold the left seat while guys 500 numbers junior get to upgrade. Not happy here.
Do you think that the final (4th) round of realignment will be the deciding round for you? I'm just a little senior to you and I've been sweating it.

Latest resources

Back