• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Lowers Upgrade Times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who let the cat out of the bag, Now everyone will want to go to pinnacle just like they went to Mesa for quick upgrades. I will be waiting for you at the interviews.

. All three situations above were directly related to lack of experience in the plane one way or another. The 410 accident, the fo had very little time overall and the ca did not have much time as a CA there, I knew both very well. The MKE situation, the same thing adn TVL, while the CA was a LCA the FO had less then 25 hours in the plane. You would think that experience would be the #1 priority for the company to look at and protect....and what do they do, they propose to lower the upgrade times. It is trouble waiting to happen...again :erm:

Umm no. Quit making assumptions. The NTSB has not released details on the TVC accident. Until then, refrain from spreading RUMORS.

Also, hours does not equal experience.

It wouldn't be a problem if the training program is re-done. But with the current mentality? I don't know, a lot of good instructors have moved on to other gigs too and the one's that are left from Mainline NWA are quiting training not to deal with the stress until they are recalled back to NWA.
Things have to change training wise for this to work

You have got to be kidding me?

This my friends is the problem with children playing with toys that are way too big for them.

I must disagree, I'm afraid someone with 10,000 hours has had more "experiences" than the 200 hour wonder pilot. Those experiences, by default become what is defined as experience.

It's coming to a regional near you too! Management does NOT care about safety, they care about expediency. They will declare the problem solved, give themselves huge bonuses, and leave the company so they won't be around for the loss of life. That is management ethics at the regional airline.

I'm a champion for lower-time pilots, but your statement is flat-out WRONG.

Once you get to 121, hours *do* equal experience.

More hours in the winter flying in ice operating in/out of slick runways, more hours picking your way around thunderstorms, more hours dealing with customer service situations asking yourself "what would I do if I had command in this situation?" THAT is experience you NEED to have in order to wear that fourth stripe, IMO...

God I hope this doesn't happen!! A 2500 hr. pilot and a 300 hr. pilot, that doesn't even equal 3000 between the two! Not saying this is a recipe for absolute disaster, but things are bound to happen. Imagine putting two low time guys together in and out of LaGuardia or DCA when the weather has gone to crap, out of gas, and no alternate. these are the things that you can't compromise!

Another thing, remember they still have to be rec'd for upgrade at 9E. As far as I know Mesa and Jetlink were upgrading at ATP mins. A friend I used to flight instruct with went str8 to Jetlink and became an ATR CA inside of a year flying out of EWR. A former student went to Mesa and went from DHC-8 F/O to EMB-145 CA DCA when he eventually turned 23. Both still have spotless records so it's not the hours...it's the individual. Some blame may have to be put on the trng deptartment but remember ATP minimums are just that. Minimums. I know we should strive for excellence but a buddy of mine who's a sim check guy at 9E says "there are lots of guys that barely pass. But they still pass."

What do you call the guy who graduates last in his med school class?...

Latest resources

Back