• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle is in deep, holy cow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One could argue that none of these companies have been "saved" since none of them exist as stand alone companies as they did prior to their bankruptcies. The bankruptcy in and of itself was not enough.
They were stand alone at teh time of BK, and both DAL and NWA seemed to be doing prior to the merger

They were stand alone at teh time of BK, and both DAL and NWA seemed to be doing prior to the merger

Both of those companies filed bankruptcy to align themselves FOR that merger, it was planned out ahead of time. Just as the Mesaba bankruptcy was done and the ending of ACA. It was all part of the aligning for the Delta/NWA merger. That's why it was one of the smoothest mergers in memory.

I was talking to some fellow pilots the other day and they shook their heads at those who will be leaving for the likes of JetBlue.... I would go there in a heartbeat and deal with the Commute. Better anywhere than here. What they are proposing is worse than Go Jets, Mesa-all the bottom feeders. But given our corrupt Judicial system the judge will allow it and not allow us any work actions.
Ya know, in the olden days of yore, when pilots wanted to give the owners of a company a wedgie, the all signed letters of resignation, and sent one of their own in to the HDQ to negotiate with the letters in their hand. That's how the pay scales got to where they are, and while you enjoy the current pay scales(or not), the reason they are on the way back down is because very few will sign the letter and negotiate from a position of power. In fact most will kneel down before their current management, and take it like whimpering,sniveling azz horez, and when pinnacollaba gets done stretching their taters, will glady take a job at DAL, the ultimate puppet masters, thus enabling DAL to perpetuate this process yet again at another date. Until you learn that they have far more too lose than you, you will continue to be azz punked.
The bright side is the regional industry is just releasing bunches of pilots back into the wild, so the soon to be imploding majors can have fresh fodder for the first year payscale, expect some form of the B-scale to be implemented, your seniors wil gladly shove you under the bus for a sheckle or 2. It is called strategic hiring, hire whimpering, sniveling losers, who will gladly pimp their own young for a penny or 2. The industry continues the cycle.........again.

Last edited:
Best of luck to those at Pinnacle still. They are following Comair right out the door.

Really? I thought airline bankrupcties produced executive bonusses?
Only answering the question of "Name me an airline that gave concessions and survived?"

Both of those companies filed bankruptcy to align themselves FOR that merger, it was planned out ahead of time. Just as the Mesaba bankruptcy was done and the ending of ACA. It was all part of the aligning for the Delta/NWA merger. That's why it was one of the smoothest mergers in memory.

Maybe, but only answering hte question as per above.

Wrong, we can collectively give T.W. a significant (I know it would never be everyone) stack of resignation letters to hand the judge effective the moment a forced contract is awarded.

DO you think that will happen? When we have Pinnacle Pete leading the "take any cuts necessary to save the company (from a conference call....). Or the fact that TW have said that the most senior at this company cannot take cuts back to the wages they were making when they were 30 (I am assuming this also means they cannot lose their job too). I for one would rather be fired and get unemployment that could at least pay my mortgage for a short time while I find another job. I would strike-yet I would, but if that would happen-I will find a non flying job to pay the mortgage if that were to happen. Let those top 460 pilots that faired so well in the SLI and will be the only ones left at the company when the 200's leave sign their letters first, then I will sign mine. But the "position of strength" of a stack of resignation letters is a thing of the past. I am sure the ones who control our labor actions would call that an illegal strike and take action against our union leaders. The only way to make this place better is to have every single one of us leave to another airline. Let them fly the planes with the paper that ********************ty 1113 filing

Plain and simple it's time to leave pinnacle. Preferably at an out station after writing up about 20 non deferrable items. Let deltas figure out how to get their pax from point a to one of their ********************ty hellhole hubs. ******************** it.

Latest resources

Back