pinnacle interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rjfo

Has anyone been interviewed at pinnacle recently? if so I am looking for the gouge. thanks

pinicle is northwest airlink out of memphis, they're part of the problem first officers aren't paid for their pilot service, they are also pay for training because they expect new pilots to pay for their hotel for the 6 weeks or so of training in memphis.
They are as bad as the terrorists, an fo should make more than a furloughed pilot.

snoop,

get a clue. According to your logic, everyone who has ever taken a job with a regional is "part of the problem"

While there is still PFT in effect, it is only for new hires with less than 1500/300 I believe. Most of the new hires are furloughed NWA pilots, or very experienced. To my knowledge no one has PFT'd for quite a while here.

Would you ever go to NWA snoop? I believe they have to put themselves up through indoc.

I"m not even going to touch the "terrorist remark"

Do some research J, there are respectable regionals that put their pilots up in hotels during pilot training and they are paid during training, they DO NOT make their trainees pay for their hotel like pinnicle does, that means you're paying over 2 grand for a hotel if you can find one for 50 bucks a night in memphis, this seems like pay for training to me. Does pinnicle pay their pilots during training?

There are also regionals that start a first officer at above 21 grand a year, not the less than unemployment 15 hundred a month that pinnicle pays.
I think you need to get a clue J.

Last edited:
that means you're paying over 2 grand for a hotel if you can find one for 50 bucks a night in memphis

...if you want you can pay 2 grand for a hotel, or you can stay in one of the apartments that have been set up for newhires for a fraction of the cost.

this seems like pay for training to me

It sounds like un-paid training to me. PFT is "Here is a check for $15,000, when do I show up for ground school"

As far as pay, I am fully aware that there are "good regionals" like Comair and Horizon that that pay more than Pinnacle. I am also aware that they got these pay rates within the last 2 - 3 years. Before that there FO pay was just as bad as Pinnacles. When our contract was signed, FO pay was on par with the rest of the industry. Our turn is coming again soon.

I know that Pinnacle isn't the absolute best regional airline in the world, but I came from one of the "good regionals" and would do it again in a heart beat. More money and jet PIC vs. less money and SIC. For me, it was an easy decision.

You sound bitter towards Pinnacle. Why the anger?

As far as me getting a clue.... I see it on the 1st and the 16th every month and in the logbook. Take it easy.

snoopy_1 said:
Do some research J, there are respectable regionals that put their pilots up in hotels during pilot training and they are paid during training, they DO NOT make their trainees pay for their hotel like pinnicle does, that means you're paying over 2 grand for a hotel if you can find one for 50 bucks a night in memphis, this seems like pay for training to me. Does pinnicle pay their pilots during training?

There are also regionals that start a first officer at above 21 grand a year, not the less than unemployment 15 hundred a month that pinnicle pays.
I think you need to get a clue J.

Did you wash out or something? Because you sound more bitter than some of the guys working here.

As for spending 2,000 on a hotel.... I spent 285 per month for a room in a house in MEM...thats a little less than 2,000 bucks....

Are you trying to prove to the world that we get sub-standard pay? Becuase everyone already knows.... Our contract is up in 2005. The general consensus here is a SIGNIFICANTLY better contract is all were going for.

Why don't you leave it up to those MAKING the low wages to bitch...alrighty?

--03M

No I did not wash out, I don't understand why all of you first officers don't have the guts to get together and tell the airline to scru the current contract and shut the airline down and don't let the scabs cross the line and demand a reasonable salary, I don't mean just pinacal, every regional airling that thinks paying a first officer $1500. a month is right.
If every first officer would stand up like a man and do this the 1500. a month salary would be history.

Last edited:
snoopy_1 said:
No I did not wash out, I don't understand why all of you first officers don't have the guts to get together and tell the airline to scru the current contract and shut the airline down and don't let the scabs cross the line and demand a reasonable salary, I don't mean just pinacal, every regional airling that thinks paying a first officer $1500. a month is right.

Well being under a CONTRACT that would be illegal....

We'll do our share when negotiations start in the next year or so......

--03M

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back