• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Hiring with 500TT min.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RM, you are right. He was a captain but, was downgraded to First Officer. Still holds Captain Qual and everything. Here's the situation talked DB union rep and this is what he said. If he were to maintain captain on the senority list the company would have to pay protect everyone as captain from his senority number up. This was an issue broughtup by the union so the company said you'll be an FO until you can hold a vacancy, but will still maintain PIC qualifications. This is what I have been told. Its like the situation that we had several years ago, where the company mistakenly (haha) forgot to do the Capt award correctly and bypassed several Fo that were elegible to upgrade and nobody caught it until the other guys (Junior) had gone to class and were done with OE. Those senior FO's received Captain pay while FO's.

I looked up Beeks certificate and it only lists him as a commercial pilot. I also "heard" that PD did his his ride and I don't think he is an APD.

Thats funny about the hats. My first day in MSP, the first thing that he said to me was "are you goning to wear your hat when you are here?"

Last edited:
All this crap reminds me of why I left Pinnacle. People like f*cking Gary Beek. Give me a break!!! There is so much crap that goes along with being a Pinnacle pilot that other airline pilots don't have to deal with.
They like the 250 hour guys instead of people like RM that have time at other airlines. It's the wow I'm flying a jet factor and they don't know any better, plus they are stuck there until they have some hours.

Incidentally I had heard he WAS typed and CA qualified and HAD to be in order to fill the Asst. C.P. position. Did something change or did I just hear wrong?

GB is not typed. He went through the standard FO program and holds an FO staus postion. GB also lacks the qualifications for a fixed wing ATP.

DoinTime said:
GB is not typed. He went through the standard FO program and holds an FO staus postion. GB also lacks the qualifications for a fixed wing ATP.

As a four year captain for Pinnacle I flew with F/O's who had as little as 400 hours TT and only one and one half years since solo. Most did a decent job and I never had to take the controls away from any of them and we swapped flying duties every leg without exception. However unless paired with experienced captains the low time is trouble waiting for an opening.

The opportunities today are far different than even the recent past, but where are they going to take you? To the major's? They are going downhill in a hand basket. Good luck on your ride to the bottom.

My departure from Pinnacle was for personal reasons: "Personally" they suck.

GB is an idiot, a certified idiot to boot. He is the personification of what is wrong with the piloting profession. His only talent in aviation while I was there was to ride herd on other pilots and being a puppet for management. So now he's a captain, that's real funny, last time I talked to him he didn't even know who taxied a CRJ, the captain or the FO, but that's another story.

Gary if you are reading this congratulations, I can think of nothing you deserve more than being a Pinnacle pilot, it's the other 1000+ guys and gals who deserve better!!!!!

"A wise man doesn't need advice and a fool won't listen."

Last edited:
bluefishbeagle said:
Gary if you are reading this congratulations, I can think of nothing you deserve more than being a Pinnacle pilot, it's the other 1000+ guys and gals who deserve better!!!!!

Nice......

Moderator reviewed.

Last edited by a moderator:
GB has a seniority number in the 1100's, I don't know the exact. As for PD I'm pretty sure last time I looked at his quals he was 7504, however I can look at it again.

PA31Ho said:
I interviewed with Pinnacle on the 17th of Feb. Didn't get the job - not quite sure why, but I guess you'll never know. Friend of mine is in class now and saiid the same thing - 1 guy with 242 and another with 440... not that I'm that competitive, but I've got over 1000 & 500 with 121 exp... makes me wonder...

Thats funny. When I was in need of a job with 2000 tt and jet time. I didn't even get a email to say no thanks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back