Pinnacle Hiring with 500TT min.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
arthompson said:
I could be wrong but I was told before the whole GB thing started that management only had to meet the minimums for upgrade, they didn't neccesarily have to be able to get a CA award based on seniority since they are non-bid.

Incorrect...In order to operate as a captain you have to hold a captain vacancy. First Officer Beek is about 1500 hours short of the total time requirement to upgrade as well as 500 seniority numbers. That being said the company can type him in the CRJ if they wish.

Only 1 mgmt type bypassed the CA vacancy and it was by a matter of a month before he could hold it anyway based on street CA's. He is now at AirTran so it really does not matter. They can Type GB all they want, he can't wear 4 stripes until he can hold a vacancy. He is also DTW based and not MSP because he can't hold MSP either.

I interviewed with Pinnacle on the 17th of Feb. Didn't get the job - not quite sure why, but I guess you'll never know. Friend of mine is in class now and saiid the same thing - 1 guy with 242 and another with 440... not that I'm that competitive, but I've got over 1000 & 500 with 121 exp... makes me wonder...

When Beek gets his type, he will wear 4 stripes, and no one will tell him that he can't. The company won't say anything, and the union has no say in what he wears on his shoulders.

Flying revenue flights as a CA will not happen though until he can hold a CA vacancy.

ERAU is closing down the CAPT program. It is worthless. it was a ton of money to get in the right seat of an RJ. I dont think it ever had any long term potential.

Hiring with 500 TT!

That is nice for low timers like me.

But on climbto350 they are advertising for pilots with:

1000 TT
200 ME
100 INST.

So are they having trouble finding pilots with those Quals?

Carl_Spackler said:
When Beek gets his type, he will wear 4 stripes, and no one will tell him that he can't. The company won't say anything, and the union has no say in what he wears on his shoulders.

Flying revenue flights as a CA will not happen though until he can hold a CA vacancy.
That's some pretty funny shiznit right there. When we first met GB he was coming through DTW while we were without a Base Manager. He told a few guys to put their caps on, one of them turned around and said, "Who the fu*k are YOU?" LMAO

I got bumped to F/O for 3 months along with about 30 other guys, and wore 4 stripes but not my hat. Beek yelled at me at the time, and I told him I'd wear 3 stripes if the displacement wasn't temporary or if he'd buy them. I find it amusing now that he'd try to wear 4 even though he's typed but doesn't hold a CA vacancy. Hypocritical maybe?

Incidentally I had heard he WAS typed and CA qualified and HAD to be in order to fill the Asst. C.P. position. Did something change or did I just hear wrong?

Oh, and as to the original question, no, we CAN'T retain people. So rather than hire someone, train them, then give them six months in the airplane so another airline can hire them we can either pay them more, treat them better, or hire people who will take a year or two to meet the mins at any other carrier. I guess we're taking options C. :rolleyes:

Cannot BELIEVE TP got on with AirTran ahead of other pilots here with THOUSANDS of command hours... just goes to show you, it's NOT about experience, folks, it's about WHO you know.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back