Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Looking

Found this on avaiationcareer.com:

Job Title: Requirements: Minimum 500TT w/ME; prefer 750 to 1000 TT w/ME; Aviation 480 - CRJ Preferred; first class medical; ATP written preferred and taken by class date.

And since when did Mr. Beek become a Captain?????????

Preferred Response Method:Contact: Gary Beek, Captain Title: Assistant Chief Pilot Phone: Fax: na Email: [email protected]

Must be getting tight on pylotes over there. ATP written used to be a must. Heck we have a guy in class right now with around 250 TT.

Looking said:
And since when did Mr. Beek become a Captain?????????

First Officer Beek is certainly not a Captain, and won't be for a very long time. He is on the seniority list and qualified on the airplane now, but he's a First Officer. With his low seniority, it will take a while before he gets in an upgrade class.

TiredOfTeaching said:
Must be getting tight on pylotes over there. ATP written used to be a must. Heck we have a guy in class right now with around 250 TT.

How's that possible? I don't know of many people who even have their commercial by 250, much less a ME with it

I could be wrong but I was told before the whole GB thing started that management only had to meet the minimums for upgrade, they didn't neccesarily have to be able to get a CA award based on seniority since they are non-bid.

Turtlesfly said:
How's that possible? I don't know of many people who even have their commercial by 250, much less a ME with it

Had had both my SE and ME commercial with arround that time. He must be the god emporer of flying though, as I certinaly ready for a jet with 250 hours. All I was ready for was to have ego held firmly in check.

His seniority is from his hire checkride date.

Because he was hired as an ACP (despite not meeting the qualifications required for application), the company can send him back for his type ride when they feel like it.

Yeah, we have individuals that have 250tt - 500tt getting hired from ERAU CAP program. Believe this or not they even have a commercial DC-9 PIC type on their certificates. I seen one the other day and asked what's that. They had explained to me when they go through the program they get a type in the left seat in the DC-9 which my understanding is the same as MD-90. MD-90 is what they do thier training in. The ERAU people keep it very low profile. They don't tell anyone about the type.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back