Pinnacle Hiring Restrictions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UZAInstructor said:
If you can show me the reg the FAA would use to keep that 280tt guy out of the right seat............

The FAA has no say over that. If he's got the multi-commercial, and Pinnacle decides to hire him at 280, he'll be in the right seat.

I meant to say the insurance companies sorry I just saw that I wrote the FAA down...

No B.S.

I'm not Pulling legs on this one guys............. I also flew with a Check Airman the other day that said he just finished IOE on a girl that went through the same Program. Don't ask me how they get these guys in the R. seat? I have no clue. Do some research. I guarantee this is for real.

This is the kicker! I have 2000Hrs with ATP and LR-JET type, Applyed with pinnacle last yr and Still not called. However a 500hr pilot flying rt seat.
Thats me God's hacky sac.

You guys really think they FAA would allow a 280 TT to be seated at the right seat..Hell some Insurance companies wont allow a CFI to instruct in a C172 until the CFI has like 750TT

280 hrs, 500 hrs, 800 hrs Hell, what's the difference?

MTNJam is 100% correct.

I have flown with pilots right in the 300 hour +/- range. One was the only time I've had to take an aircraft away from a pilot at this company in 5 years.

There may be some great pilots out there with 500 hours, but I'm happier when the guy or gal in the right seat has about 1,500 hours and some 121 or 135 experience prior to coming hear flying freight or whatever... Makes it easier to rely on the information they're giving you, fly the aircraft when you have other things to do (such as the many nuisance abnormals we run into around here), and, God forbid, take care of you and your pax in case you have a medical emergency.

Wouldn't happen you say? Do some research, pilots become incapacitated because of kidney stones, food poisoning, and stroke/heart attack every day. Happened to my dad about 7 years ago flying PIT-SFO - the F/O had to divert into LAS.

Low time = bad.

Sounds like all the interviews scheduled for next year are for real...as of today, all Dec. 1 displacements have been cancelled due to "increase of nwa flying and higher than expected attrition"...only 3 more years and the 280 hr wonder child can upgrade...gosh relax

Tank Commander said:
As long as the underwriter aproves it. They had heart burn over 500 hrs F/O's

That's what my original question was.

So if there are 280-500 hour pilots at the company, then I guess the insurance company is "allowing" it.

satlol said:
Sounds like all the interviews scheduled for next year are for real...as of today, all Dec. 1 displacements have been cancelled due to "increase of nwa flying and higher than expected attrition"...only 3 more years and the 280 hr wonder child can upgrade...gosh relax
That's not EXACTLY what the memo says...

Pinnacle Flight Operations management has informed the MEC that the displacement scheduled for December 1 will be cancelled.

Another displacement is being planned for January 1 that will affect fourteen Captains. We do not know at this time which bases will be impacted.

The December 1 displacement is being cancelled due to some additional flying from Northwest and higher than expected attrition.

So, in a nutshell, the company has POSTPONED and REDUCED the number of displacements. They MIGHT go away entirely, but I believe it depends on how many people leave in December - if we have another month of a bunch of Captains leaving,,,

If Lear70 say so, I guess thier is. I was a 500hr. wonder child. satlol, I upgrade this year.
Actualy, you're the lowest time guy I've flown with in a while.

The lowest time ever was the guy from Gulfstream who had a problem keeping his hands off the girls and was about to get fired so he quit (he's also the guy I took the airplane from) but that was back in 2004.

Since then two girls from Crew Scheduling have come over with around 300 hours and that was early 2005.

Haven't seen any extremely low (less than 500 hour) pilots in the last 8-10 months.

Don't mean any offense Tank, and I'm glad you're here and I've enjoyed flying with you, but I've been saying for a long time that the FAA needs to have a Part 121 minimum flight time limit higher than just "Commerical License" minimums.

Personally, I'd be happy to see an ATP certificate required (which would require 1,500 hours total time), and would have the added benefit of probably reducing the number of people who flock to the "buy-a-job" flight schools, but that's just me.

Opinions vary... ;)

Latest resources

Back