Pinnacle Hiring Restrictions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

Before the Oct '04 accident, Pinnacle hired new pilots with about 500 TT, mostly through flight academies.

Now, their minimums are 1000TT/200ME.

Is it true that there is an insurance restriction on Pinnacle that does not allow them to hire anyone with 500TT through flight academies?

...?hunh?

Pinnacle has ALWAYS had 1000 and 200, I think thye used to go to accademies and hired in that way, they may have stopped, or desire not to take the low time guys. There posted mins have always been this though.

edge540t72 said:
Pinnacle has ALWAYS had 1000 and 200, I think thye used to go to accademies and hired in that way, they may have stopped, or desire not to take the low time guys. There posted mins have always been this though.

No they didn't. It used to be 1500TT / 300 ME, and at the same time, they took 500 hr pilots (quite a few from Gulfstream), and some from other academies.

My question is though... it seems that Pinnacle no longer has any "hiring/interview" ties with any academy. So, is this due to an insurance requirement for hiring pilots?

I Love Daddy

Actually for those of you have Have Super Daddy to come to the rescue you can plan your Lovely Airline Career with Pinchanickel Airlines!!!! A Capt. friend of mine here told me that just the other day he flew with an F.O. that had 280 hrs. total time, even after IOE was done!!!
But this F.O. Was a Super Pilot because he went to that program at ERAU that makes you fly like Chuck Yeager, therefore to get a job at an airline no experience is required!! Plus the guy already had a DC-9 Type!!! All from ERAU!!! So those of you who need that airline job and have Super Dad, give him a call and Enroll now!!!
Oh by the way Don't worry about learning how to speak on the Radio, we'll teach you that here at Pinnacle!! All you have to do is learn how to play that big video game called a DC-9 Sim and a CRJ/200 Sim and life is all good!! Oh yeah and remember some stuff like memory items and limitations!!! Boy oh Boy if the Pax only knew what was sitting in the Front Seat of that Jet!!! Come on down we need more Super Pilots at Pinnacle!!!!

I find that very hard to believe. (280 hour FO) I think that may be BS. Unless I personally knew the guy I would not believe that. I think Pinnacle is getting more qualified folks. They have been attracting FOs from other Regional Airlines because of the quick upgrades. Of course we all know that has changed but I think since they are paying per diem and hotel plus bonus when checkride is complete they will start seeing a significate increase in pilots with more flying experience applying.

Mtnjam said:
Actually for those of you have Have Super Daddy to come to the rescue you can plan your Lovely Airline Career with Pinchanickel Airlines!!!! A Capt. friend of mine here told me that just the other day he flew with an F.O. that had 280 hrs. total time, even after IOE was done!!!
But this F.O. Was a Super Pilot because he went to that program at ERAU that makes you fly like Chuck Yeager, therefore to get a job at an airline no experience is required!! Plus the guy already had a DC-9 Type!!! All from ERAU!!! So those of you who need that airline job and have Super Dad, give him a call and Enroll now!!!
Oh by the way Don't worry about learning how to speak on the Radio, we'll teach you that here at Pinnacle!! All you have to do is learn how to play that big video game called a DC-9 Sim and a CRJ/200 Sim and life is all good!! Oh yeah and remember some stuff like memory items and limitations!!! Boy oh Boy if the Pax only knew what was sitting in the Front Seat of that Jet!!! Come on down we need more Super Pilots at Pinnacle!!!!

Really because a freind of mine said that this super daddy rented a pinnacle CRJ so his son could do his commercial multi check ride. and the kicker is his son only had 150 HOURS!!!!. I couldnt believe it but i read it on the internet so it must be true. O yeah also his super daddy actually got a waiver to allow his 16 year old sonto get a commercial ticket so this is on lucky teenage boy.
You guys really think they FAA would allow a 280 TT to be seated at the right seat..Hell some Insurance companies wont allow a CFI to instruct in a C172 until the CFI has like 750TT

Another thing to add in case you guys didn't know yet. I talked to a buddy last night who has an interview lined up later in the month. He says Pinnacle is requiring the ATP written again for the interview.

BOHICAgain said:
Really because a freind of mine said that this super daddy rented a pinnacle CRJ so his son could do his commercial multi check ride. and the kicker is his son only had 150 HOURS!!!!. I couldnt believe it but i read it on the internet so it must be true. O yeah also his super daddy actually got a waiver to allow his 16 year old sonto get a commercial ticket so this is on lucky teenage boy.
You guys really think they FAA would allow a 280 TT to be seated at the right seat..Hell some Insurance companies wont allow a CFI to instruct in a C172 until the CFI has like 750TT

If you can show me the reg the FAA would use to keep that 280tt guy out of the right seat............

The FAA has no say over that. If he's got the multi-commercial, and Pinnacle decides to hire him at 280, he'll be in the right seat.

Latest resources

Back