Pinnacle hiring again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VGerect said:
Repeat after me- "I will never, never, never-ever put my overnight bag in the cargo compartment"

Actually, it's worse than that. I was dumb enough to leave it at home since I was just supposed to be doing an out-and-back. Of course, things never work out the way they're supposed to. I was there for 2 days. :)

Topic Once again

This Gulfstream topic continuosly comes up, round and round like a dog chasing his tail. Myself and alot of other people disagree with the whole thing. That's besides the point. I don't even want to get into it about what my opinions are about sticking a guy with less than 250hrs of PIC as PIC in the left seat. When I say that, I say it for the people who don't have enough balls to because there are alot of them out there. I can live with the guys from Gulfstream, at least you guys geta couple hundred hours of "VFR" Turbo Prop time......
It's the New CAPT. program from ERAU that makes me sick. It's just the final button that set me off as well as alot of others. There is already an issue with the Pilot industry. We are underpaid, overworked, etc,etc. People whine and cry for a new contract but yet they continue to work these jobs. Not only have I been pushed out financially but I've also decided that I no longer want to contribute to Airlines and other companies treating us like "Whore$" These programs with all these guys coming in are killing the industry. These guys not only pay or get mom and dad to pay big bucks for this program, but when they're done, they're just so happy to be flying a Turbo Prop or Jet that they don't care about making any money. They Especially don't care if Mom and Dad is paying their rent and other bills. This kind of mentality and behavior will never allow the industry to turn over and it never will turn over because there will always be somebody that's just "glad to be there" regardless of income because to alot of young people and other people nowadays money HAS NEVER BEEN AN ISSUE. This new ERAU program proves that theory to the T! Just my two cents here folks, but I'm sure alot of you agree. You Gulfstream guys got a Guilt Complex goin!! Relax the pressure's off now with the new meat in town

Did someone mention that Pinnacle is hiring again...

What is the upgrade time like these days? I say on airlinecentral that someone upgraded with a Apr05 DOH - is really that fast?

Thanks.

Terry Hunter said:
Did someone mention that Pinnacle is hiring again...

What is the upgrade time like these days? I say on airlinecentral that someone upgraded with a Apr05 DOH - is really that fast?

Thanks.

No, it's not like that anymore. You're looking at 5 years to upgrade if hired right now unless we pick up more growth.

PCL_128 said:
Good riddance. I certainly don't want to spend a whole trip with you with your obvious attitude problem. :rolleyes:

Yeah, he has a bad attitude of wanting to get paid a respectable wage. Good thing he won't be flying trips with you anymore with your big grin on your face thinking how cool it is to be flying in a jet.

needapayraise said:
Yeah, he has a bad attitude of wanting to get paid a respectable wage. Good thing he won't be flying trips with you anymore with your big grin on your face thinking how cool it is to be flying in a jet.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. I wasn't referring to the pay he thinks he deserves, I was referring to his animosity towards GIA and ERAU CAPT graduates. That attitude doesn't work at this company. Gulfstream pilots make up a significant percentage of the pilot group, so if you don't like us, then you best work elsewhere.

PCL_128 said:
You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. I wasn't referring to the pay he thinks he deserves, I was referring to his animosity towards GIA and ERAU CAPT graduates. That attitude doesn't work at this company. Gulfstream pilots make up a significant percentage of the pilot group, so if you don't like us, then you best work elsewhere.
So, that's about 300 GIA'ers at pinnacle right? Figure about 30 grand per "pilot," right? Ok, by my math, that's 9 million paid in full to fly CRJ's. Good job guys, keep up the noble work while I try to afford milk and gas.

pilotkppsg said:
So, that's about 300 GIA'ers at pinnacle right? Figure about 30 grand per "pilot," right? Ok, by my math, that's 9 million paid in full to fly CRJ's. Good job guys, keep up the noble work while I try to afford milk and gas.

where your beer money?? ..u gotta sacrafice milk for beer

Pcl 128......

PCL_128 said:

PCL 128

I have watched you defend the practices of Pinnacle for some time now. Your attitude represents everything that is wrong with our industry. You obviously went through a PFT program. And now you are a CAPTAIN of a shiny new CRJ!!!!!! So what if you are willing to work for the absolute worst wages in the industry for a company that hates you. At least your airline is growing (or was) and you got a quick upgrade to CAPTAIN. And even if you are making the worst captain pay in the industry, at least you are making more than the GIA grad to your right who makes 16k before taxes and LOVES IT! Why should management hire qualified pilots and pay them what they deserve when you can fill the front seats with a fresh 250hr wonderboy and a captain who doesn't care. SMARTEN UP! GET SOME GUTS! You deserve better that your getting.

newfish said:
PCL 128

I have watched you defend the practices of Pinnacle for some time now. Your attitude represents everything that is wrong with our industry. You obviously went through a PFT program. And now you are a CAPTAIN of a shiny new CRJ!!!!!! So what if you are willing to work for the absolute worst wages in the industry for a company that hates you. At least your airline is growing (or was) and you got a quick upgrade to CAPTAIN. And even if you are making the worst captain pay in the industry, at least you are making more than the GIA grad to your right who makes 16k before taxes and LOVES IT! Why should management hire qualified pilots and pay them what they deserve when you can fill the front seats with a fresh 250hr wonderboy and a captain who doesn't care. SMARTEN UP! GET SOME GUTS! You deserve better that your getting.
Apparently you haven't been watching very closely. I very rarely defend anything going on at Pinnacle. I was one of the loudest critics of both the company and the crew involved in the 3701 incident. I constantly attack the company's labor relations. I attack our training department all the time. Where is this "defending" that you speak of? I'm merely telling people to avoid this company if you don't like the GIA pilots, because there's lots of us here.

As for the details of your post, you're wrong on many counts. For one thing, I don't make the worst pay in the industry. Not even close. Pinnacle's Captain pay is firmly in the middle of the pack. The FO pay is horrible, but the Captain pay is average. Secondly, our first year FOs make about 21k or so, not the 16k you cite.

As for guts, I assure you that I have plenty. I have no problem walking out of this place and shutting it down if necessary.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back