• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle hiring again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who wants to make 500.00 bucks for walking my resume in?

:D

saabservant said:
"Dad, can I have 80,000, I wanna be an AIRLINE PILOT for Pinnacle airlines. They fly jets, you know, and I'll really be working for NORTHWEST!

"Boy sure am proud of my son, he's an airline pilot now, just like leonardo di caprio was for Pan Am in that movie...hey son, how are those stewardesses, heh heh."

80,000...Pinnacle
11,000...Southwest
same difference.

Wh0re$$$$

I guess that you pft if you paid for your cfi to instruct at the same school.
BTW, I think the 73 type can be had for $6 or 7K.

Chest Rockwell said:
I guess that you pft if you paid for your cfi to instruct at the same school.
BTW, I think the 73 type can be had for $6 or 7K.

Sooooo....I'm guessing you're a 73 type whore?

Those who "paid for their training" to get a cfi certificate from the FAA, and who paid standard fees for aircraft and instructor cannot be lumped in with someone who buys a job by paying three to four times standard rental/instructor fees with the promise of a job with a third party.
And no, my school did not promise or offer me a cfi job if i trained there. Reference the HUNDREDS of poor slobs who buy a 737 type rating, and then get TURNED DOWN by swa.

With the exception of a few UND spectrum hires, my company has at least held to finding people with the character to work to become qualified.
NO amount of training can substitute for experience, especially with someone who starts out with a slack, "I'll just buy my way in" attitude."

In the msp terminal last week, "A" concourse, leaning on a counter, chatting up the agent: Mr. gulfstream/erau capt. skyguy, tie loose, leather jacket on, hat on, Mirrored Sunglasses ON, sipping on his a&w...what a tool.
Pains me to think that the pinnacle fellow I say hello to could be one of these buy-my-job whore$$$....
kinda negative...i know. I'll take a pill...

saabservant said:
Those who "paid for their training" to get a cfi certificate from the FAA, and who paid standard fees for aircraft and instructor cannot be lumped in with someone who buys a job by paying three to four times standard rental/instructor fees with the promise of a job with a third party.
And no, my school did not promise or offer me a cfi job if i trained there. Reference the HUNDREDS of poor slobs who buy a 737 type rating, and then get TURNED DOWN by swa.

Well said....their's a difference in paying for your education than to Pay for you job, like SWA guys that pay for their types to be competetive and get an interview. Then dont even get hired! that's sad, before we know it more majors will start asking for A320 types by the initial hire day.

baseal said:
Hey Kpp- Is Fat Fulmer finally finished?

After Vandy, I wouldn't be surprised. Actually, I believe he'll have one more season to work himself out of this mess and then, if we go like we have this year, he'll get the axe. Hell, Sanders is out, if we could pick up the offensive coordinator for like Louisville, Boise or some school like that, I bet we'd have a least a shot of reclaiming our dignity.

I have an interview with pinnacle next week. Anyone know what they are really looking for? I feel like I have a disadvantage because I didnt buy a crj or md-80 type rating. What are they looking for besides being able to get along with you on a 3 day? I've read the gouges so I know what to expect, just wondering what it is they are after?

After

They're after somebody who's willing to give up the QOL for pennies on the dollar basically......... Attrition is high..
Speaking of this 80k program, I just don't get it. I unfortunately have no parents, never did after the age of 14. Did the whole enlisted military thing to get Educated, begged stealed, borrowed money, did the Sallie Mae loan thing which I am now about 4 or 5 months behind on. Even with Uncle Sam pickin up my Bachelor's, My flight loan along with my credit card debt I accumulated buying Mac&Cheese meals and other living expenses, I just haven't been making ends meet. Therefore I am being pushed out of this career because of Jimmy Richie over here with Mom and Pop dishin out 80k or 35k for Gulfstream, either way. These companies find us replaceable and that's exactly what I am, REPLACABLE. The last 9 yrs of my life wasted, blah,blah,blah..... Mind you it took 9 yrs for me to get that regional job, not 9 months! When you don't have Mom and Dad that's what it takes folks!! These programs do nothing but hurt the working man like myself and a bunch of others. I've decided to move on to a different career path. This industry is nowhere near where it should be. I wonder if the passenger's know that what the company think's they're worth?? 19k a year? 280hrs. T.T. with a Captain sitting next to them with only 400hrs of PIC because 9E has a "special" agreement with the FAA?? Seriously...! Pushed out.......... Thank you Rich kids... I have so much Gratitude and appreciation for how you've helped to improve the industry standards!

I was just curious, I know this post got hijacked, but does anybody know if any news team has covered this story before and if not then why??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back