Pinnacle hiring again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mtnjam said:
They're after somebody who's willing to give up the QOL for pennies on the dollar basically......... Attrition is high..
Speaking of this 80k program, I just don't get it. I unfortunately have no parents, never did after the age of 14. Did the whole enlisted military thing to get Educated, begged stealed, borrowed money, did the Sallie Mae loan thing which I am now about 4 or 5 months behind on. Even with Uncle Sam pickin up my Bachelor's, My flight loan along with my credit card debt I accumulated buying Mac&Cheese meals and other living expenses, I just haven't been making ends meet. Therefore I am being pushed out of this career because of Jimmy Richie over here with Mom and Pop dishin out 80k or 35k for Gulfstream, either way. These companies find us replaceable and that's exactly what I am, REPLACABLE. The last 9 yrs of my life wasted, blah,blah,blah..... Mind you it took 9 yrs for me to get that regional job, not 9 months! When you don't have Mom and Dad that's what it takes folks!! These programs do nothing but hurt the working man like myself and a bunch of others. I've decided to move on to a different career path. This industry is nowhere near where it should be. I wonder if the passenger's know that what the company think's they're worth?? 19k a year? 280hrs. T.T. with a Captain sitting next to them with only 400hrs of PIC because 9E has a "special" agreement with the FAA?? Seriously...! Pushed out.......... Thank you Rich kids... I have so much Gratitude and appreciation for how you've helped to improve the industry standards!

Good riddance. I certainly don't want to spend a whole trip with you with your obvious attitude problem. :rolleyes:

Smarta$$ said:
I have an interview with pinnacle next week. Anyone know what they are really looking for? I feel like I have a disadvantage because I didnt buy a crj or md-80 type rating. What are they looking for besides being able to get along with you on a 3 day? I've read the gouges so I know what to expect, just wondering what it is they are after?

You dont need any CRJ or MD80 or A380 type to get on with pinnacle so dont sweat it. My thinking is if you get the interview its a level playing field. They already knowyou are qualified, now they just want to take a look at you and your attitude. When i interviewed at pinnacle, I met an ex Kalitta pilot, C5 pilot, Furloughed ATA, Furloughed Chicago express. I was the only CFI. it was intimidating knowing who i was up against. But the reality is you are not competing with them. Good luck.

Pinnacle isnt that bad, i enjoy it. The crews are fun. i just hate that second year pay only goes up 4 bucks!! when everyone else is getting at least 10 bucks more (i.e. skywest, asa, comair, xjt, AWAC) for year 2.

Basic knowledge (as in previous posts) Current IFR (it's a basic twin simulator -- flies like a baron) skills

be yourself

Originally Posted by Mtnjam
They're after somebody who's willing to give up the QOL for pennies on the dollar basically......... Attrition is high..
Speaking of this 80k program, I just don't get it. I unfortunately have no parents, never did after the age of 14. Did the whole enlisted military thing to get Educated, begged stealed, borrowed money, did the Sallie Mae loan thing which I am now about 4 or 5 months behind on. Even with Uncle Sam pickin up my Bachelor's, My flight loan along with my credit card debt I accumulated buying Mac&Cheese meals and other living expenses, I just haven't been making ends meet. Therefore I am being pushed out of this career because of Jimmy Richie over here with Mom and Pop dishin out 80k or 35k for Gulfstream, either way. These companies find us replaceable and that's exactly what I am, REPLACABLE. The last 9 yrs of my life wasted, blah,blah,blah..... Mind you it took 9 yrs for me to get that regional job, not 9 months! When you don't have Mom and Dad that's what it takes folks!! These programs do nothing but hurt the working man like myself and a bunch of others. I've decided to move on to a different career path. This industry is nowhere near where it should be. I wonder if the passenger's know that what the company think's they're worth?? 19k a year? 280hrs. T.T. with a Captain sitting next to them with only 400hrs of PIC because 9E has a "special" agreement with the FAA?? Seriously...! Pushed out.......... Thank you Rich kids... I have so much Gratitude and appreciation for how you've helped to improve the industry standards!
PCL 128, Why are you taking that so personal? You aren't a rich kid to, are you?

Tank Commander said:
PCL 128, Why are you taking that so personal? You aren't a rich kid to, are you?

Nope, middle-class all the way. I just have a problem with someone working at Pinnacle that has such a disdain for Gulfstream pilots. There's a few hundred of us at this airline, so if you don't like 'streamers, then you'd better not work here.

Tank Commander said:
I Hear ya. Sitting in LAN 32hr.

Sounds like fun. I've got 31 hours in Moline starting tomorrow night. Living the dream you know. ;)

arthompson said:
or FWA with out an overnight bag. :)

I'm still trying to figure out a way to blame that one on you. Give me enough time and I can figure out a way to blame anything on scheduling. :D

arthompson said:
Could be worse PCL you could be sitting in scheduling....or FWA with out an overnight bag. :)

Repeat after me- "I will never, never, never-ever put my overnight bag in the cargo compartment"

Latest resources

Back