Pinnacle guys answer me this

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The_Skids

I have heard a rumor that they are taking guys that are qualified, putting them through training, and then upgrading them to captain right after FO training. Is this true...or is it just a rumor?

How long is one on reserve these days?

What is the callout time on reserve and are there different types of reserve?

Can you get Memphis out of training?

Are you on probation for any amount of time?

Do you have any info on the new contract, if so, will it be an improvement?

Any other work rules that are good or bad that would affect QOL?

I have heard a rumor that they are taking guys that are qualified, putting them through training, and then upgrading them to captain right after FO training. Is this true...or is it just a rumor?

How long is one on reserve these days?

What is the callout time on reserve and are there different types of reserve?

Can you get Memphis out of training?

Are you on probation for any amount of time?

Do you have any info on the new contract, if so, will it be an improvement?

Any other work rules that are good or bad that would affect QOL?

To answer your questions:

1) Street captain rumor is always around the corner. We have not hire a street captain for over 2 years, and we are still upgrading eligible FOs. With that said, mgmt wants to start looking into other "options" when all available eligible FO are gone. The answer is no.

2) FO Reserve depends largely on where you're based. MEM and DTW is much shorter than MSP, that i can tell you. But the exact time frame, I do not know.

3) We have 2 types of reserve: Airport reserve, home reserve. We used to have 2 shifts in airport reserve, now there's only the night home reserve that starts approx. from 7pm till last flight departs around 11pm or so. Home reserve has 2 shifts, AM & PM. AM shift starts from around 5am till 5pm, and PM shift starts from 10am till 10pm. Airport reserve needs to be in the confines of the airport, Home reserve callout is 90 minutes from the time you're notified by scheduling.

4) MEM is available for all newhire FO.

5) Probation period is 1 year. It begins from the time you start your checkride date, which is your hire date.

6) Contract negotiations has been picking up some steam lately. As far as the rumors go, the only sections that needs TA are Pay and Scope. Looks like mgmt is finally ready to play ball with us. People here are keeping a very close watch with this contract, as it is long overdue, and morale is pretty low. It will be improvements definitely. Personally, I feel our pilot group has given up much in the past few years to make Pinnacle what it is right now, and it is time for the company to show their mutual respect, with this CBA.

7) I can't really think of any good work rules that improve our QOL lately, to be honest, that's why we are looking forward to a new contract.

Only part of the previous post that is incorrect is the probationary period. You are on probation for 365 days from your first day of class, not your checkride.

Only part of the previous post that is incorrect is the probationary period. You are on probation for 365 days from your first day of class, not your checkride.

Thank you for correcting me... It's been while since I was on probation, as you can probably tell:)

I was offered "the deal" a year ago by someone who could make it happen. Wouldn't guarantee it, so I didn't take it.

If you would have taken it you would have gotten screwed. Nobody can circumvent seniority at PCL. Its all in the timing and the timing is right for a qualified new hire to get the upgrade shortly out of new hire class right now.

Latest resources

Back