Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

RELAX, not the pilots.

Was in the crew room, and happened to see (for myself) the actual LOA between the USW of the Flight Attendants and our company. Among other conditions, the ratio in this LOA is 3 years of Mesaba FA seniority will equal 1 year Pinnacle seniority, for integration purposes. There are other conditions for vacation accrual, sick accrual, etc.

But this LOA is a done deal with the company and the USW union of the Pinnacle flight attendants. Apparently, all that remains now is for this 9E FA group to vote on it. My understanding of it is that Mesaba FAs have no say in any of it. Anybody else have more info on this? This is very interesting, albeit, a little sad if it's 3-to-1 straight across the board.

Yeah, apparently the steel workers union may not have been a good choice for FA's. Who'da thunk? I really feel for our FA's. I hope a lot of them have the means and guts to quit on the same day. Talk about unity issues. Unfortunately, I think a lot of them may not have a choice in an economy like this.

I don't think there is a plan for the colgan fa's. At least not with 9E. This loa would be for xj fa's that come over to 9E. I don't think colgan fa's will be allowed to switch sides.

This is my biggest fear, that a ton of FA's quit and the operation ground to a screeching halt. It is very plausible.

I have a gut feeling this is going to be bad. They are not forced to go, some will, some will quit, but worst of all the operation will grind to a halt. My personal hope is the 9E FAs vote it down. Doubt it's going to happen though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back