• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle gets TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did they? I remember that the 30 day cooling off period came to an end and they kept talking till they had a deal. Did it happen at 3am for a few minutes?

No, they never technically went on strike, but they hit the deadline at midnight and the airline shut down for a couple of days while they worked out the details of a deal. The process works when politicians don't get their slimy hands in it. This was one of the few cases where Bush's NMB actually let the process work as it was supposed to.

Sounds like it will take a whole lot of lipstick to get this pig to look good.

The new call sign for you Pinnacleites - "We are Mesa lite"

New corporate motto - We lead the race to the bottom

The PCL MEC did the right thing by voting to send this out for a vote. If they had voted it down at the MEC level, there's no doubt that the NMB would have parked them. But if the pilot group votes it down, then it's likely that the NMB will just ask them to return to the table to fix a few key items so it will be able to be ratified by the pilots.

The PCL MEC did the right thing by voting to send this out for a vote. If they had voted it down at the MEC level, there's no doubt that the NMB would have parked them. But if the pilot group votes it down, then it's likely that the NMB will just ask them to return to the table to fix a few key items so it will be able to be ratified by the pilots.
...if you call a few key items COLA raises to match inflation, rigs, 100%DH, and an overhaul of reserve rules. I'm not saying it needs to be industry-leading, but there is no reason it should be anything less than industry standard in all respects; "taking it back" shouldn't mean "taking it from the back."

Rates still less comair after the pay cut taken at comair 2.5 yrs ago, and that is after being frozen at the same rate pre-bankruptcy.
Would someone get a pair, you need to go above industry average.

I thought your Messiah, Obama, was going to fix all this....Are you saying a Democratic NMB would park Pinnacle? How can that be?

Did they? I remember that the 30 day cooling off period came to an end and they kept talking till they had a deal. Did it happen at 3am for a few minutes?

I vaguely remember it was about 3 days worth. I started a trip as they went out and finished it when they came back. The place was a ghost town down in the old op's. Call it what you want, but the only flights operating were management pilots and the few that didn't go home.

Last edited:
...if you call a few key items COLA raises to match inflation, rigs, 100%DH, and an overhaul of reserve rules. I'm not saying it needs to be industry-leading, but there is no reason it should be anything less than industry standard in all respects; "taking it back" shouldn't mean "taking it from the back."

I wouldn't expect a complete overhaul of anything, but you could probably ratchet up the days off for reserves, get 100% DH, and bring up the pay rates. Rigs probably wouldn't happen, though. You could get a few things done pretty quickly with a rejected TA and get it back out for a new vote, but completely rewriting it will mean another 1-2 years.

I thought your Messiah, Obama, was going to fix all this....Are you saying a Democratic NMB would park Pinnacle? How can that be?

Haven't we been through this a dozen times already, Joey? The NMB would be right to park an MEC that rejected its own TA. The MEC has no one but themselves to blame if their own NC brings back a TA that they find unacceptable.

Rates still less comair after the pay cut taken at comair 2.5 yrs ago, and that is after being frozen at the same rate pre-bankruptcy.
Would someone get a pair, you need to go above industry average.

I Don't know what you are looking at FO is pretty much the same as Comair and CA is on average $3 more an hour.

The initial 76 seat rates are the average of:

ASA
Comair
Compass
Mesaba
Republic
Skywest

44-59 seat turbojet CA:

FO:

60-76 turbojet CA:

FO:

Can anyone post the previous pay scale or a link to it?

Latest resources

Back