Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle finally gets fair with AA over jumpseating..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that I will make a copy of the letter to give to the jumpseater. At least this way they will have something to do while waiting for another flight!

By the way, flew a domestic trip the other day, and we took a Pinnacle Captain. I explained to him what we were up against. I guess under your philosophy we should have left him at the gate.

The jumpseat falling prey to politics once again. Not to mention some of the pilots that have been pushing this for you are the same ones you will harm. Like I said earlier, I know we have enough guys here that will retaliate like you have.

AAflyer

P.S> I do not jumpseat on Pinnacle.

Last edited:
By the way, flew a domestic trip the other day, and we took a Pinnacle Captain. I explained to him what we were up against. I guess under your philosophy we should have left him at the gate.

The jumpseat falling prey to politics once again. Not to mention some of the pilots that have been pushing this for you are the same ones you will harm. Like I said earlier, I know we have enough guys here that will retaliate like you have.

AAflyer

P.S> I do not jumpseat on Pinnacle.

Please read more carefully. We will only leave AA pilots at the gate if there is already another jumpseater on our plane. If you can't get on due to a weight restriction, what I can I say? Take it up with Bombardier, any CRJ operator deals with the same issue and ERJs are oftentimes worse.

Please read more carefully. We will only leave AA pilots at the gate if there is already another jumpseater on our plane. If you can't get on due to a weight restriction, what I can I say? Take it up with Bombardier, any CRJ operator deals with the same issue and ERJs are oftentimes worse.

I am not going to take it up with anyone, I don't jumpseat on Pinnacle anymore.

I read the letter very carefully. I am also reading a bunch of posters get giddying about sticking it to AA pilots on their jumpseat.

AA

Maybe you should read some of the other posts on here, I love the one calling the AA FO a biaatch.

Some classy guys you have over there.

If you are operating a flight and you have an AA Jumpseater, they MAY ride our Jumpseat as long as there are no other Jumpseaters already present. As an example of our revised AA Jumpseat policy, if an AA pilot is FIRST to request a Jumpseat and subsequently more Jumpseaters show up to the gate, the AA pilot MAY still ride since he/she was first in line. However, if there is already an OAL Jumpseater and then the AA pilot shows up to the gate, he/she WILL NOT be given a ride regardless of how many seats are empty and available on the aircraft. An AA pilot CANNOT under any circumstance, Jumpseat internationally.
I have always tried to accommodate all jumpseaters to the best of my ability. I think that’s all that anyone wants in return from AA.

Just following the policy. If a jumpseater has to be left because of the new policy I intend to give them a copy so that they can understand what we are dealing with here. And yes, they can read it while they wait for another flight.

News flash to American, nobody likes you guys, you leave hundreds of pilots behind everyday because of your stupid jumpseat policy. I am giddy about not letting you guys on, I've been burned many a time in South Florida with you guys. It's called Karma!

I have always tried to accommodate all jumpseaters to the best of my ability. I think that’s all that anyone wants in return from AA.

Just following the policy. If a jumpseater has to be left because of the new policy I intend to give them a copy so that they can understand what we are dealing with here. And yes, they can read it while they wait for another flight.

That is about as professional as you can get. The problem is when people let emotions make decisions or speak for them..

Hopefully this will be resolved to everyones liking, as BOTH pilot groups have a lot to lose.

That is about as professional as you can get. The problem is when people let emotions make decisions or speak for them..

Hopefully this will be resolved to everyones liking, as BOTH pilot groups have a lot to lose.

Relax AAflyer. This is in the interest of all pilot groups. It will hopefully create attendance results that cause a change in company policy. Consider that you work for the company that has offended. Go, and I mean really go, and try to do something for your fellow brethren if you truly want this resolved to everyone's liking.

I commute on AA every time I go to and from work. Their pilots have been nothing but extremely helpful in getting me on. I just call the nonrev number and list the jumpseat. The captain always tries to get me first class and if he cant, and I am in the back or the jumpseat, he/she will at least get me a free hot meal. Granted I dont work for Pinnacle but I really appreciate how great AA pilots have been to me.

Relax AAflyer. This is in the interest of all pilot groups. It will hopefully create attendance results that cause a change in company policy. Consider that you work for the company that has offended. Go, and I mean really go, and try to do something for your fellow brethren if you truly want this resolved to everyone's liking.

I deleted my first response as I looked at some of your other posts. You seem to be sincere and professional. (refreshing on this board:D )

I have done what i can, and now it is in the hands of APA to deal with our management.

AAflyer

Countless hours have been spent helping fellow brethren in this profession, at this airline and some before.

Last edited:
I was burned by American trying to go to a buddies funeral who was killed in Afghanistan. I was in CASS, jumpseat everywhere else. No, not American. Had to buy a ticket DFW-ORD. Gate agents didn't care, pilots didn't care. Flight attendants did after I bought a last minute ticket, and hooked me up with food, and drinks.

Fix your house, American.

You don't want to be like Delturd..... :puke:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back