• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Files for Bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For pinnacle to give up all of their q400s and not even try to operate them anywhere else tells me that delta was in on it to not only help pinnacle but help their situation. Xj hawk and I could be way off but delta probably wants to get rid of 50 seat aircraft and I am thinking that they could have announced a slow wind down of pinnacle operations or transfered their 900s to another carrier. Instead they gave us an extention to 2022. They want us around for some reason. I will admit that it is still possible for them to totally screw us and shut us down but I think a different scenario will play out

Pinnacle gave up the Q400 because it was unprofitable and United was unwilling to negotiate not because Delta was on it. Pinnacle is also giving up the unprofitable ATL Delta CRJ900 flying. The only profitable flying was the CR200 and Mesaba CR9 flying and those rates have been reduced in exchange for the DIP.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

It was not resolved when Mesaba went through the first time,and I am not sure if it ever has been. IF the company does use the 1113c to void the contract and impose terms there is the posibility of immediate release under the railway labor act for self help (strike).

Unfortunately, that has already been settled by the courts. Labor groups do not have the right to strike if a bankruptcy court grants a company's 1113(c) motion. This was resolved in the NWA flight attendant case in 2007. The flight attendants appealed the decision to a federal appeals court, but the appeals court upheld the lower court's ruling.

Unfortunately, that has already been settled by the courts. Labor groups do not have the right to strike if a bankruptcy court grants a company's 1113(c) motion. This was resolved in the NWA flight attendant case in 2007. The flight attendants appealed the decision to a federal appeals court, but the appeals court upheld the lower court's ruling.
Exactly. A CBA and ALPA are completely useless once you're in bankruptcy and 1113 is filed.

Exactly. A CBA and ALPA are completely useless once you're in bankruptcy and 1113 is filed.

No, not useless, but definitely handicapped.

Pinnacle gave up the Q400 because it was unprofitable and United was unwilling to negotiate not because Delta was on it. Pinnacle is also giving up the unprofitable ATL Delta CRJ900 flying. The only profitable flying was the CR200 and Mesaba CR9 flying and those rates have been reduced in exchange for the DIP.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

In my opinion which has been wrong before, you don't just give away the airplane. Those q400s will end up at another carrier which will charge united more than colgan was. So therefore it's not that united didn't want the q maybe it's the colgan crash I don't know but the delta 900s have to go back with the q's because of the agreement pinnacle signed with bombardier if one goes back they both do When they go back it's possible delta could re lease them to pinnacle

Latest resources

Back