• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle fatality at DAY?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The regionals LOVE employees to fix things themselves and will give out Awards of Excellence if they take the initiative because it saves them money. Just don't do it. Working at the regionals is dangerous as ever.

the ramp is a very dangerous place. just a note to anyone who this has not happened to, keep your eyes open on the ramp. When i was pre-flighting the avro and the apu was on, i was looking up at the plane, took a step and barely missed getting crushed by a baggage cart truck with two carts being dragged behind it. The other rampies thought it was funny. That truck was going at least 25 mph. He either did not see me, or thought it was funny to see me jump. One more step and I would have been toast.

My heart goes out to that pinnacle rampie and her family. I hope safety and personal awareness on the ramp can be more of an issue in the future

That is a tragic accident but why would Reed make a comment like that? What an ahole. Wow... has he forgotten those two pilots already?

My guess is he was referring to ramp employee fatalities in the context of this accident rather than making a general statement about the company's history.

What a terrible accident.

A Comair employee was killed in DTW last year in a baggage elevator accident. I know that was a real wake up call for me. I used to go under it all the time when I did my walk-around, now I walk around it and the baggage tugs. Those tug trains scare the hell out of me as well. There should be a speed limit when operating around in congested areas, if you get hit by one of those you don't stand a chance. If you get hit by a car it will throw you over it, so you have a shot, if you get hit by a tug it's going to knock you to the ground and run you over by the time the crappy brakes bring it to a stop. Don't ever walk behind an airplane without stopping and looking both ways and don't assume the tug driver sees you because you see him.

Latest resources

Back