Pinnacle Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No Priority

You guys honestly think 9E is in a rush to get the contract done. I actually use to believe that until somebody pointed out some things to me which I will leave unmentioned, however this company will not see a contract by the end of this year, it won't be done by "Feb", infact I would be surprised if there is one done by the end of 2006.
Everyone's getting stoked about 70 and 90 seaters. I'm not even the slightest bit thrilled about it. All it's doing is downgrading the "pilot industry" 9E can go buy them on their own if the scope clause lifts but I guarantee those Crewmember's won't be making much more than the 50 seaters and they sure won't even come close to making what they should comapared to industry standards.

D*mn... you guys are pretty harsh on Mtnjam, considering that the LAST UPDATE WE RECEIVED FROM THE MEC PRIOR TO LAST NIGHT'S PAY DAY HOTLINE SAID EXACTLY WHAT HE POSTED !!

The last OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT from the MEC, prior to yesterday (which was when he posted), was that the company had left negotiations because we weren't willing to back off our position on certain items. It also said there would be "informal talks" on certain items, then we got Phil's letter.

We didn't receive ANY NEW communication from the MEC about it until yesterday. MTNJam gave them the most recent information we had available.

IF communications were more regular about what's going on, then we wouldn't be having this discussion, as we would have WEEKLY UPDATES on what has been happening in:

Negotiations
Grievance Matters
Upcoming proposals by management in ANY change in FOM or Policy Manuals.

I don't like getting my information from Flightinfo about MY OWN FU*KING AIRLINE. :(

/rant

Incidentally, I don't think negotiations are going to be concluded anytime soon either. I believe we'll be 2007 or so before we see any real light at the end of the tunnel.

If memory serves, even if the company wanted 70- seaters NOW, if the Association didn't agree, the company could force Arbitration on JUST the pay rate for the NEW aircraft, without having to T.A. a new contract. Had a discussion about this with Wake some time ago... the company can continue to drag their feet until the cows come home.

The only real issue is the financing of any new aircraft and what bank and interest rate they'll get without a firm Agreement in place.

We're losing dozens of F/O's a month to Netjets and other regionals because the 1st and 2nd year pay is so low and the QOL is sub-par to other companies. Come here, get your time, then move on, just like everyone else has that can.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back