• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

First, their CEO. Now, their CFO.

Coincidence?

If Republic spins off Frontier, I'm thinking Pinnacle "Holdings" will acquire Frontier.

Thoughts?

Would really be surprised to see this acquisition on the part of Pinnacle Holdings, but there are some aspects of it that would make sense from a strategic business plan. I believe that the CRJ-200 contracts are up for bid in 2017 and there doesn't appear to be much interest on the part of any codeshares to continue operating anything with less than 70-seats on the jet side. Having the airbus operation out of DEN, adding more Q-400s/Q-400Xs/CRJ-900s and ridding themselves of the 200s would have the company in a position to be competitive in the volatile codeshare "wars" that are going to be taking place in the middle of the decade.
There is going to continue to be a consolidation/reduction of capacity within the airline industry. Less flights running full with less frequency on bigger, more fuel efficient airplanes is the way to go. To stay in business you have to keep your capacity to the point where you can dictate the ticket price. The only vulnerability would be Southwest seeing blood in the water and running you out of town with their own brand of marketshare take-over. There model is volume with low yields, who is going to win this war is anyone's guess, but I think that SWA is close to reaching critical mass with their business model. They are gambling with the AirTran deal and will make them or break them. Going head-to-head with Delta is a going to be interesting...

F9 would have to come under our list (another sli arbitration), AND JCBA if acquired. It would get ugly. I don't see it happening but we never truly forecasted the last 2 Corp moves.

Frontier continues to get pummeled by SWA and UAL in Denver and Airtran in Millwaukee. If BB is considering this, he wouldnt be dumping it without a reason. If those of you at Pinnacle think you might be able to fly those Emb190s or A320s for Delta, I think you will be mistaken. Nothing over 76 seats for any DCI carrier. That just won't change, regardless of what some of you think.

OYS

Last edited:
Boss brings along his staff. Expect to see others.

:nuts: LMAO! Sure putz, whatever u and Jenny say!

Have you signed up for a lav dumping job there in Denver? Wait, there is no way you could pass that interview. Too bad, you're always full of poop anyway, Mr. Putz!

OYS

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back