• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle and Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HAHA left yoself an out there Jenny, er, I mean Oy-Yo-Yo! ooh the "pilots are pissed". ya think RA really gives a chit huh do ya

PUTZ!

I don't have insider info like you do, so there is always an out. The main thing you need to understand is that we do have scope that doesn't allow any DCI carrier anything over 76 seats, and limited numbers at that. RA may want to change that, but I am thinking the majority will quickly vote no. Stop crying freeturd.

OYS

I don't have insider info like you do, so there is always an out. The main thing you need to understand is that we do have scope that doesn't allow any DCI carrier anything over 76 seats, and limited numbers at that. RA may want to change that, but I am thinking the majority will quickly vote no. Stop crying freeturd.

OYS
They've never held the line on scope before, so why should they start now. RA will rattle a saber and the mainline pilots will sell out scope just as they've done before, numerous times. Then, somehow, these same mainline geniuses will blame the regional pilots for flying them. And blame them for the demise of the industry.

I hope you can hold the line on scope... My career depends on it... But I doubt it will happen.

Do you think we liked Age 65? No. And the majority of the scope sale was done in BK, with both of my legacy employers. Now the airlines are more healthy, meaning BK isn't an option to gain more. Age 65 is approaching for many legacies, with thousands of retirements in the next 5 years. But, what scope is left won't be sold, and you can fly 320s for Frontier, but it won't be connected to any legacy most likely, because the remaining pilots are pissed. You have a much better chance of actually getting hired at a Major than flying a 190 or 320 for a regional working for a Major. No budging.

OYS

If all RJ flying ended today it would add a small number of the lowest paying narrow body jobs at the majors. The real threat to your career is Emirates/Qatari/Etihad/Air China. These airlines are coming after - and taking - your wide body jobs in large numbers. They are doing it with non union, low cost, young labor. Look at their order books for 380's/777's. Read the international financial press. The leaders at BA, Lufthansa and Air France have all said these Mesa's of the international widebody set threaten their very survival. Many financial/business analysts do not believe ANY legacy international carrier will survive in their present form. Emirates is well on their way to running Delta, along with the rest of them, out of Africa and the middle east and is turning it's attention to the far east next. Paul Rice understood the issue clearly but all the membership wanted to talk about was scope. It amazes me how 'main line' line pilots are no better than management at missing the dollars because they are too focused on the pennys on the ground.

If Delta pilot's 'scope out' todays RJ pilots a good number of them will go over seas - and take your wide body job from you. You will love that MD-88 from ATL to CLT for the rest of your career.

Why a Delta pilot chimed in on an extremely speculative post about the future of a regional simply high lights my point.

If Delta pilot's 'scope out' todays RJ pilots a good number of them will go over seas - and take your wide body job from you. You will love that MD-88 from ATL to CLT for the rest of your career.

So we are stealing your flying now, and if you scope out your flying on the domestic side we will steal your jobs on the international side? So either way it's our fault and not your own for selling scope on your own jobs? Someone pass me a beer, I love these clowns.

They've never held the line on scope before, so why should they start now. RA will rattle a saber and the mainline pilots will sell out scope just as they've done before, numerous times. Then, somehow, these same mainline geniuses will blame the regional pilots for flying them. And blame them for the demise of the industry.

I hope you can hold the line on scope... My career depends on it... But I doubt it will happen.

That is wrong. There was an allowance for 70 seaters just prior to 9-11 that probably shouldn't have been allowed looking back now, but the 76b seat limit was handed to Dalpa in Bankruptcy. When a judge says you will do it, unfortunately you do it. Did Dalpa give in recently during the joint contract with the Northwest pilots? No. The other thing you aren't realizing is that the Delta pilots may have given in before, but not 100%. It was always a slim majority. Now throw in the FNWA pilots, who always stood up to their management. They struck and got things done that way. Add them to this group, and then there is a different majority, one that is tired of the BS. Then, throw LM towards running ALPA National, and that takes away another factor in past negotiations. So, more things are leaning towards holding the line, which is good for everyone.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Great to hear from the major guys pipe in as long as they do not say it is the regional pilots fault for scope encroachment-the international problem is just beyond me. It is a good opportunity for some who need a job when there are very little opportunities here at home. What can we as pilots do about that? I do not know.

That is wrong. There was an allowance for 70 seaters just prior to 9-11 that probably shouldn't have been allowed looking back now, but the 76b seat limit was handed to Dalpa in Bankruptcy. When a judge says you will do it, unfortunately you do it. Did Dalpa give in recently during the joint contract with the Northwest pilots? No. The other thing you aren't realizing is that the Delta pilots may have given in before, but not 100%. It was always a slim majority. Now throw in the FNWA pilots, who always stood up to their management. They struck and got things done that way. Add them to this group, and then there is a different majority, one that is tired of the BS. Then, throw LM towards running ALPA National, and that takes away another factor in past negotiations. So, more things are leaning towards holding the line, which is good for everyone.

Bye Bye--General Lee
I'll tell you what then.... Prove it.

Quit bashing the regional guys as if it's their fault. Hold the line on scope, better yet, take back all the flying above 50 seats. Seriously, do it. It's what the regional guys would like... More opportunity to move on to the majors. I won't hold my breath on it, but I would like to see it happen.

Sorry, I do sound like Lee,

OYS

OYS,

I hate to break it to you buddy, but you sound EXACTLY like Genital Lee. The wording and phrases are word for word. You didn't get your 10 dollars worth unfortunately...maybe you should have used an accent.

RF

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back