• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle and Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Frontier continues to get pummeled by SWA and UAL in Denver and Airtran in Millwaukee. If BB is considering this, he wouldnt be dumping it without a reason. If those of you at Pinnacle think you might be able to fly those Emb190s or A320s for Delta, I think you will be mistaken. Nothing over 76 seats for any DCI carrier. That just won't change, regardless of what some of you think.

OYS

Haha thats funny. You major guys act like we have any control over it at all. If one of those airbi come to pinnacle one day, Im going to fly it because thats who i work for until i get hired somewhere else. Its your job to control your scope clause and i wish you better luck than the last 5 times its been tried. All of us would just love to fly for mainline but you have prevented it with your scope sales and age 65 limits

If those of you at Pinnacle think you might be able to fly those Emb190s or A320s for Delta, I think you will be mistaken. Nothing over 76 seats for any DCI carrier. That just won't change, regardless of what some of you think.

OYS

I'm not saying that this scenario is even remotely close to reality but all PNCL Corp would have to do is operate Frontier (or any other big equipment carrier) on a different operating certificate and Delta Scope has been trumped. Unlike Delta pilots, Pinnacle Corp pilots have options outside of Delta.

I'm not saying that this scenario is even remotely close to reality but all PNCL Corp would have to do is operate Frontier (or any other big equipment carrier) on a different operating certificate and Delta Scope has been trumped. Unlike Delta pilots, Pinnacle Corp pilots have options outside of Delta.

Why would Delta pilots want to do other flying other than Delta's? Good for you guys? The point is 190/320 flying will not be for Delta. You can fly Frontier and lose money for yourself, but nothing connected to Delta. That is a fact. BB flies Frontier alone, and has DCI stuff separate. No code share, no brand flying. You are right that our Scope needs to be tightened even more, and your example will be a catalyst for the eventual opener. But, you won't see Pinnacle 190s flying for Delta without mainline crews. I personally think you should fly it yourself like Independance Air, which might do better than the current Frontier.

OYS

Last edited:
Haha thats funny. You major guys act like we have any control over it at all. If one of those airbi come to pinnacle one day, Im going to fly it because thats who i work for until i get hired somewhere else. Its your job to control your scope clause and i wish you better luck than the last 5 times its been tried. All of us would just love to fly for mainline but you have prevented it with your scope sales and age 65 limits

Do you think we liked Age 65? No. And the majority of the scope sale was done in BK, with both of my legacy employers. Now the airlines are more healthy, meaning BK isn't an option to gain more. Age 65 is approaching for many legacies, with thousands of retirements in the next 5 years. But, what scope is left won't be sold, and you can fly 320s for Frontier, but it won't be connected to any legacy most likely, because the remaining pilots are pissed. You have a much better chance of actually getting hired at a Major than flying a 190 or 320 for a regional working for a Major. No budging.

OYS

but it won't be connected to any legacy most likely, because the remaining pilots are pissed. OYS

HAHA left yoself an out there Jenny, er, I mean Oy-Yo-Yo! ooh the "pilots are pissed". ya think RA really gives a chit huh do ya

PUTZ!

Any day Mainline wants to step up to the bat on scope please do. Fouling it off doesn't count.

Anyway, the CEO is going to bring in the people he wants, fairly SOP. No need to get wound up on a Frontier buy Flyer.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back