• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle and Class Envy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
good for him/her. I just happen to remember a couple instances in the Army where a guy screws up badly and to those of us who knew the guy saw him screw up on a daily basis. He is busted and then in a short time is given a second chance and given a promotion while all around jaws were dropping to the floor in surprise. Why? because he was not screwing up anymore and giving a normal effort. But because he has only had a history of screwing up-this new performance is above and beyond for him-in commands eyes warranting a promotion. Just a story.....how it relates? you figure it out. okay...need some help? Once someone in authority likes someone, its seems the world is theirs.

What is the solution and what should be done regarding the points you made?

[Mods, please feel free to send this to the general discussions section with a link, as I don't want to step on any toes for thread drift.]

In order to understand the solution, you need to understand the problem better. The entire monetary and banking system's structure is fundamentally flawed. Our current system only started on August 15, 1971, when we went off the gold standard. Since then there has been no requirement for any kind of monetary discipline--they can create as much money as they want (without relying on the limits of a physically limited supply of gold), and this type of system historically always ends in instability and failure. Think about it--does it make sense that the government can just print unlimited wealth and we'll all be living in mansions and driving Ferrari's?

The solution is to return to an asset-backed monetary system, such as a gold standard. This will never happen voluntarily, as there are too many special interests who benefit from the current system. Therefore the monetary system will collapse on its own at some point (just like the thousands of other times this has been tried in human history), to be replaced by sound money at that time. (Can't happen here? That's what they said in 1920's Germany). It is essential that someone who understands the system and is honest about it (like Ron Paul) is in power when this happens. Otherwise what happened in 1930's Germany--the emergence of a strong leader who asks for special "emergency" powers to deal with the crisis--could happen again.

If you want to learn more about how our money system works, read The Creature From Jekyll Island by G. Edward Griffin. This fully documented and footnoted historical account will blow your mind. The intentional deception regarding how things really work is very troubling.

good for him/her. .......... you figure it out. okay...need some help? Once someone in authority likes someone, its seems the world is theirs.
That is why companies interview, the people in authority want to find out if they like you. At our place on our rating scale, the thing we look for is "Is he/she trainable?" the second is "Is he/she likable?". No one wants to stuck in the cockpit with an unlikable pilot.

Last edited:
That is why companies interview, the people in authority want to find out if they like you. At our place on our rating scale, the thing we look for is "Is he/she trainable?" the second is "Is he/she likable?". No one wants to stuck in the cockpit with an unlikable pilot.

Using those criteria, a starry-eyed 18 year old right out of high school would be your ideal candidate. I think some pilots get frustrated at the fact that many well-qualified, trainable, likable pilots with maturity and experience are bypassed for extremely young and green pilots who just happen to know the right people. It happens over and over and over, people see it happening, and this is what people are complaining about.

the pilots daddy was most likely an exec at a fortune 500 company. If you cannot see the disgust in my response....yes there is disgust. Not to mention some of these National companies overlooking more experienced pilots for the less experienced for one reason or another. Oh? You ask what reasons? I am glad you asked. Other than getting interviews and jobs based on past merits it seems internal recommendations mean more than experience, just as race, gender, and the chuck Yeager factor seem to be leaving a fair number of experienced pilots scratching their heads wondering what they can do next.

In case you are wondering I served my country for 14 years as both an enlisted and an officer, four year degree from the U of MN (not on line), 5500 total time, 1500 121 Turbine PIC, earned my time as a flight instructor etc etc etc. But yet no interview, no job to get my A$$ away from Pinnacle airlines.....while I know a lot of FO's with no PIC getting jobs with jet blue, Virgin, etc etc etc.......

I don't know-myby is spelt som ting wong on me reesume?

Bitter....yes
give up....heck no

It is maddening. I am actually surprised there haven't been any legal cases. There is so much blatant discrimination in the hiring practices of major airlines.

I truly hope that all the forecasts over the next couple years come true or this venture of being a pilot truly may end up being a big giant mistake.

Using those criteria, a starry-eyed 18 year old right out of high school would be your ideal candidate. I think some pilots get frustrated at the fact that many well-qualified, trainable, likable pilots with maturity and experience are bypassed for extremely young and green pilots who just happen to know the right people. It happens over and over and over, people see it happening, and this is what people are complaining about.
And your point is this is not fair? Should there be Federal law to prevent this? Then when you don't get hired because the transgender quota was not filled, will that be fair? I faced age discrimination all through the early part of my civilian career.

And your point is this is not fair? Should there be Federal law to prevent this? Then when you don't get hired because the transgender quota was not filled, will that be fair? I faced age discrimination all through the early part of my civilian career.
No, I think they should be able to hire whoever they like--the government has no business forcing them to do anything. The other posters and I are just appealing to the airlines to do the right thing and consider the total resume, not just primarily the "but I know somebody here" references of clearly inferior candidates. Of course this won't change anything, but we can still bi1ch about it! :)

the pilots daddy was most likely an exec at a fortune 500 company. If you cannot see the disgust in my response....yes there is disgust. Not to mention some of these National companies overlooking more experienced pilots for the less experienced for one reason or another. Oh? You ask what reasons? I am glad you asked. Other than getting interviews and jobs based on past merits it seems internal recommendations mean more than experience, just as race, gender, and the chuck Yeager factor seem to be leaving a fair number of experienced pilots scratching their heads wondering what they can do next.

In case you are wondering I served my country for 14 years as both an enlisted and an officer, four year degree from the U of MN (not on line), 5500 total time, 1500 121 Turbine PIC, earned my time as a flight instructor etc etc etc. But yet no interview, no job to get my A$$ away from Pinnacle airlines.....while I know a lot of FO's with no PIC getting jobs with jet blue, Virgin, etc etc etc.......

I don't know-myby is spelt som ting wong on me reesume?

Bitter....yes
give up....heck no

Other than serving, I was repeatedly turned down by the military, I am in the very same boat....

I am about ready to just give up and become a professional bum. I'll probably be sickend by the increase in salary though.

[Mods, please feel free to send this to the general discussions section with a link, as I don't want to step on any toes for thread drift.]

In order to understand the solution, you need to understand the problem better. The entire monetary and banking system's structure is fundamentally flawed. Our current system only started on August 15, 1971, when we went off the gold standard. Since then there has been no requirement for any kind of monetary discipline--they can create as much money as they want (without relying on the limits of a physically limited supply of gold), and this type of system historically always ends in instability and failure. Think about it--does it make sense that the government can just print unlimited wealth and we'll all be living in mansions and driving Ferrari's?

The solution is to return to an asset-backed monetary system, such as a gold standard. This will never happen voluntarily, as there are too many special interests who benefit from the current system. Therefore the monetary system will collapse on its own at some point (just like the thousands of other times this has been tried in human history), to be replaced by sound money at that time. (Can't happen here? That's what they said in 1920's Germany). It is essential that someone who understands the system and is honest about it (like Ron Paul) is in power when this happens. Otherwise what happened in 1930's Germany--the emergence of a strong leader who asks for special "emergency" powers to deal with the crisis--could happen again.

If you want to learn more about how our money system works, read The Creature From Jekyll Island by G. Edward Griffin. This fully documented and footnoted historical account will blow your mind. The intentional deception regarding how things really work is very troubling.

Another question. Are you familiar with the documentary "The Money Masters"?

If so, do you regard all or most of this documentary as true and factual, and unbiased? If you haven't, you can watch it on youtube for free. It is very long, and very well documented, and very interesting/alarming.

Latest resources

Back